The Eastern Division Race is Over?

bmoreosfan

So we are just going to ignore the fact that we have actually won 6 of the last 8 against sub .top teams and for the want of a couple key hits could have won the others.

No, we have lost two of three and the two teams that didn't play last night sure were world beaters.

Come on dude.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually 2 in the loss column. With less than 10 to play, only number that matters. Going to be very difficult to come back from.

If we execute the last two games, we're the ones with the half-game lead. So frustrating. They Don't do a good job taking advantage of walks and errors.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Nothing is over until WE say it's over!

Jeter? He's a dead man!

ARoid? Dead!

Girardi?! DEAD!

Who's with me?!?

LET'S DO IT!!!

[someone had to go there...]

But your grade point average is 0.0.

But your grade point average is 0.0.

My Grandpa used to tell about my Dad's Uncle Mel because Uncle Mel wouldn't talk about WWII. He said he could remember the day Hitler ordered the armies of Germany into Hawaii and Hirohito commanded that Europe be invaded. Horrible.

Wait a minute....

Well, it was a great run, but there's not catching the Yankees. A big letdown, but we have to keep moving forward with the hope of securing a Wild Card spot. I do wonder whether this team is on the verge of fizzling out at the wrong time. The next two games of this series will tell us a lot. If we do make it into the playoffs, we have to be the biggest underdog out of any of the playoff teams with inconsistent pitching and injuries. A great year, but I suspect we are about to come up a little too short. Still an unforgettable season.

We will win the East just wait and then revisit this thread later :)

Some of the concerns about pitching are valid, but if we win and they lose tonight, we're a half game back with 7 to play. So this thread is kind of ricoculous.

My concerns aren't with the pitching, but the offense. Now is not the time to back up that backwards run differential....

This was a REALLY tough one to lose, regardless of the time of year.

To lose one like this with 8 to go makes it like 10 times worse.

The first game was great fun and I was riding high after that. I was completely convinced we would come back in the second one, the crowd was feeling it, and then we flopped with the bases loaded again and again. And then... the Jays connect for a grand slam. That was so painful and demoralizing I'm not surprised fans started streaming out of the park. Crushing disappointment. :( It's just one game though... well... looking like two now... come on guys!!

Archived