Marlins sign former prospect for one at-bat

nevadaO

Just the integrity of the game. Hey, maybe I'm in the minority with this one, that's fine. I just think the major leagues is above a circus, obviously you guys do not. If Greenberg had played this year and they did it fine, but the guy did not play the entire year. This should have been done years ago when he was still an active player, now it's a sham.

Hey, if you guys want a circus, why not let the Padres give Garth Brooks an official at bat in a real game? Why not sell off ABs late in the year to Billionaires, I mean, who are they really taking away ABs from, who are they hurting? Why not make the dreams come true for the hundreds of minor leaguers who toiled in the minors without ever getting a shot and the hundreds who had the talent but injuries cost them a chance?

I mean, since everyone wants feel good stories, let's just start giving away ABs to military veterans, and policeman, and fire fighters who played some high school ball? They are all heroes and they would be a nice story as well. Where do we draw the line on nice stories? For those of you who agree with this, where do you draw the line? Or do you? Maybe you guys don't mind the sideshow approach for teams that are out of it? Maybe we treat September like a reality show where the teams that are out of it run contests to see who gets the ABs? I mean, who are they really hurting?

You really can't see the difference? Just because you sign a single guy in a unique situation that royally sucked and give him a single at bat after both teams have been eliminated... well, I don't see how it logically follows that teams will now turn the season into a circus with firemen and giraffes and some woman from The Jersey Shore batting and ruining Major League Baseball. Everything isn't a slippery slope.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really can't see the difference? Just because you sign a single guy in a unique situation that royally sucked and give him a single at bat after both teams have been eliminated... well, I don't see how it logically follows that teams will now turn the season into a circus with firemen and giraffes and some woman from The Jersey Shore batting and ruining Major League Baseball. Everything isn't a slippery slope.

Perhaps not, but this guy deserved an at bat this season as much the firemen, giraffes and some woman from the Jersey shore because that all had as many professional at bats this season.

Archived