Keith Law is not impressed (in 2012, but he is in 2014)

Burg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone did tell him. He responded that it didn't matter since they were only doing it against September call ups.

This makes no %*#&ing sense at all. We're second in the AL in run diff over that span. We don't get credit for beating September callups better than every other team in the league minus the Rays? And actually, we're #1 in September. The White Sox have a -17 RD in September, against scrubby AL Central callups. Are they, like, extra super duper bad? Texas is -2 in September, why aren't we declaring their future team a bust if they can't even beat callups?

What is wrong with this guy?

ETA: We're #1 in the majors. Another team with negative RD? Cincinnati. They just suck. (Can someone please yell at him for me???)

Wow, a 90+ win team isn't that good. There's sticking to your guns, and then there is just sheer idiocy in the face of overwhelming evidence. It's okay to admit you might have misjudged a team, Keith, even if you reaaaaally don't like them.

After 90 wins, his guns turned to cap pistols and KL lost what little credibility he had left. Now he's just a little boy in a cowboy hat annoying the grownups.

Keith Law stated weeks ago on his podcast that the O's are not that talented of a team, but that sometimes teams with less talent have a great year and beat the odds. To me, his philosophy is consistent and he has no reason to back down unless the Orioles do this again next year.

You only have to go back one year to see that the Arizona Diamondbacks went from 65 wins to 94 wins in a single year, yet this year they are just barely over .500.

In any event, right now I really couldn't care less whether Law is too stubborn to admit he is wrong, or whether he will be proven right eventually. I'm going to savor 2012 right now, and not focus on the longer term until I've milked every last bit of enjoyment out of 2012. Keith Law's opinion of the talent on this team can't dampen my joy one iota.

I could understand this if we were talking about the Cardinals, who according to ESPN had the easiest schedule in the MLB this year.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rpi/_/sort/sos

But the O's are tied with Tampa for the 6th toughest schedule and that # may rise after their last series at Tampa. This team has been battle-tested and passed every test. Yes they've struggled against a stacked Rangers team and a supremely underachieving Angels team (and had some tough luck against Oakland) but otherwise they've pretty much manhandled everyone else in the AL.

Keith Law stated weeks ago on his podcast that the O's are not that talented of a team, but that sometimes teams with less talent have a great year and beat the odds. To me, his philosophy is consistent and he has no reason to back down unless the Orioles do this again next year.

You only have to go back one year to see that the Arizona Diamondbacks went from 65 wins to 94 wins in a single year, yet this year they are just barely over .500.

This is correct. His position really isn't inconsistent on this. I think if the O's manage to repeat their success from this year in 2013, you'll see Keith start to change his tune.

Having said that, I do think there's a bit of a "they don't do things the way I think they should be done, therefore they're doing it wrong" attitude here.

Archived