Who Gets Suspended Next?

section18

Last comment only to respond to ChinMusic who made a false statement during work hours.

I have seen the Yankees at OP 5 times this year and seen Granderson hit several long HR'S. I sit on the Oriole dugout side and up near where the ushers stand. I can look right into the visiting teams dugout and have seen in person what I said earlier. I'm not watching on TV. I hope that answers your question. The manager and players do shake their heads when CG crushes his long HR'S. I saw at least three of his HR's at OP this season. I believe he hit others in games I didn't attend. Not sure how many he hit there this season vs last season 2011.

Done ! Watch what happens in the playoffs.

So, if being a pretty normal player with ~20 homer power through 27 or 28 and then bumping your totals up by 10 or 15 homers around age 30 is clear and convincing evidence of PED use, where did Hack Wilson, Dick Stuart, Roy Sievers, and Steve Garvey get their 'roids back in the day?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Feel free to speculate all you want. What I can't stand is the ridiculous speculation with (at best) circumstantial evidence that's treated as ground truth. Section18 basically went from "Joe Girardi laughs and shakes his head about Granderson's homers" to "he's obviously mainlining horse steroids all season long and you're crazy if you don't think so". It's not too far from saying "Fred owns a kitchen knife, people have been killed by a knife, so Fred is obviously a murderer".

I'd tread very carefully here. There have been wild performance variations from baseball's day 1, and now anyone who doesn't have a picture-perfect career arc is being accused of nefarious deeds. I think it reflects very poorly on the people doing the accusations.

Sure, speculation vs. accusation are different things. I suspect the OP lacks a degree of, umm, dexterity with his language in making his point.

I think fans SHOULD be cynical though. Do I have tangible evidence that Albert Pujols has used steroids? No. But I believe he has. We've all been fooled before.

I've seen Granderson hit HR's at OP the last 2 seasons that McGuire and Sosa would have admired and I've seen his manager Joe G look at his coaches and other players in the dugout and shake their heads after another one of his 430 foot bombs.
I've seen Chris Davis break his bat and still have the ball leave the park.

Sure, speculation vs. accusation are different things. I suspect the OP lacks a degree of, umm, dexterity with his language in making his point.

I think fans SHOULD be cynical though. Do I have tangible evidence that Albert Pujols has used steroids? No. But I believe he has. We've all been fooled before.

But it's not like Pujols' career arc is unprecedented. All you have is a hunch. And if that's all you have, I don't think there's any point in bringing it up or discussing it. There's nothing to discuss.

Yeah we should be suspicious in general. I just don't see the point in naming names with absolutely zero evidence. If you're suspicious of every decent player out there (except O's, I assume), then what's the point? When players get suspended, they get suspended. Not like they made you look dumber than anyone else or like you got extra points for calling it first.

Archived