Bobby V. crashes bike in Central Park

LA2

It's not as good as "beer and chicken in the clubhouse" but it's an equally asinine red herring that Boston fans will no doubt fully embrace.

I can't wait to hear this mentioned year after year just like the curse of the Bambino used to be mentioned year after year.

Central Park is a ridiculously difficult place to ride without incident, so his admitting he shouldn't have been on his phone is probably the understatement of the year.

I.e., it was a high-leverage situation--and we all know what Booby's decision-making is like in those.

It's not as good as "beer and chicken in the clubhouse" but it's an equally asinine red herring that Boston fans will no doubt fully embrace.

I can't wait to hear this mentioned year after year just like the curse of the Bambino used to be mentioned year after year.

As they say, you can't make this stuff up. I wish the OH had a cartoonist to jump on this.

The text said: "You are the worst manager I have ever seen, do the team a favor and call out sick today" Love, Dustin.

Man, if Bobby V missed tonight's game, I think the Sox would play as hard as possible to win one without him there, just to shove it in his face!

Please don't go....please don't go...

Man, if Bobby V missed tonight's game, I think the Sox would play as hard as possible to win one without him there, just to shove it in his face!

Please don't go....please don't go...

He crashed his bike yesterday and it didn't keep him from managing last night.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/2012/10/03/bobby-valentine-crashes-bike-central-park/WrQHSXY9uaKwSKDesfgy9N/story.html

According to the TV news here, he swerved to avoid two tourists (while reading a text message). Wonder if the "tourists" are on Duquette's payroll....

This is the event that proves that teams take after the managers. As Bobby V. crashes, so do the Red Sox.

He crashed his bike yesterday and it didn't keep him from managing last night.

Yes, it did.

Or maybe I just assumed it was a manager-less team that sent up a .109 hitter who was 2 for 35 against righties in the 11th inning with the tying run on second.

I wish his bike crashed into Joe Girardi.

The text said: "You are the worst manager I have ever seen, do the team a favor and call out sick today" Love, Dustin.
Nah, it said,"think fast! sucker!". I love it that the messge was from Pedroia. Too bad it wasn't from Youk. :smile11:

Archived