Ok, who is going to Arlington?

blkeen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was ready to hit the road for 12 hours from Chicago for a home game; would've had a free couch to sleep on and everything. 16 hours to Arlington is a bit much, but I'll be screaming at my TV with everyone else.

Much respect to everyone who makes the trip! You're a bigger fan than I!

Unless someone else from around here is up for a road trip. I actually know someone who lives an hour north of the Dallas area where we could crash. I can still be convinced! :D

Can't believe we struggled this much when the rays don't even have anything to play fir

Joe Maddon's no Bobby V. He was impressed how hard the O's played in Game 162 last year, so I know he wasn't going to let the O's run over him. And frankly, I'm okay with that.

Besides, the Rays just barely missed the playoffs. They had arguably the best pitching staff in the league. I'm glad we don't have to face them in the postseason.

It will be all white knuckles Friday night, though.

Joe Maddon's no Bobby V. He was impressed how hard the O's played in Game 162 last year, so I know he wasn't going to let the O's run over him. And frankly, I'm okay with that.

Besides, the Rays just barely missed the playoffs. They had arguably the best pitching staff in the league. I'm glad we don't have to face them in the postseason.

It will be all white knuckles Friday night, though.

Yes, I think the Rays and Orioles have too much mutual respect for each other to not play their hardest. The Rays were also playing to get to 90 wins, something to be proud of (and which would get them to the playoffs any other year).

Let's win Friday! We go big or we go home. Either way... what a season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Draft and AS game are over. Now the fun can begin. Basically have 2 weeks.
    • Nah no sarcasm.  How about just for this year thoughts?  So you can throw age and control out the window. Fedde reminds me a lot of Bradish. Just without the extra 2-3 mph on the 4FB.  I agree with the point that Fedde is probably more of a regular season option and ALDS type SP while Skubal would give us a huge advantage every round against the elite of the elite.  Skubal seems a lot like what the Mariners hoped to have bought in Bedard all those years ago. 
    • I think the depth is an issue here because we really don’t get the top top Latin players each year. We’re doing better down there, but teams like the Yankees, and Dodgers, consistently get top 3-5 classes. We’re just getting up to average-ish range.  The draft is only 50% of the amateur talent grab. Maybe even only 40% considering it’s only 20 rounds now. 
    • I have and I’ve seen highlights. I don’t watch a lot of non AL East baseball. Outside of having a prop bet on Skubal to win the CYA. Just wondering what people thought. Not just trying to get a response to criticize.  Plus, do we really know that Fedde is even cheaper than Skubal?  Their GM has demanded a lot before. @Moose Milligan do you think Skubal is that much better than Fedde for just the rest of this season?  So that way we take out the extra year of club control.  
    • Look at their respective Statcasts and tell me what you see. 
    • I’m sure this has some hint of sarcasm to it. Because the answer to this question seems rather obvious. 1) Look at the age of the two pitchers. (27 v 31) 2) Fedde has NEVER been good before this year.  3) Look at Skubal’s Ks, Ks per nine, ERA not just this season but last year. It’s absolutely elite. 4) Fedde is a pitch to contact kind of guy, even in this his lone good season. Does that strategy really work/could it dominate in the postseason when you are facing the elite of the elite? Maybe against a team like SEA? But against NY, HOU, PHIL, LAD? Probably not. 5) We need a pitcher who is good enough to be successful over the course of multiple rounds, not just the opening round/one particular matchup. 6) Look at the difference in stuff. 7) Skubal is left handed. That has an advantage when pitching in parks like Camden Yards and Yankee Stadium.
  • Popular Contributors