Showalter announces that Joe Saunders will start for #Orioles tomorrow

Greg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was fun while it lasted. Glad the team planned out things so Hammel couldn't pitch. Sorry to be so negative, but I have zero confidence in Saunders. I hope he proves me wrong.

Shut up. Drink a beer. Put a smile on. It's postseason time and it's time for some October Orioles magic.

(and the shut up was not meant as disrespect). :beerchug1:

Well, the team has gone against the odds and the stats all season, so why stop now? Texas hits left-handed starters (.282/.343/.455/.798) better than right handed starters (.269/.330/.442/.772) and we know Saunders has struggled against them. Maybe Buck just thinks it's too much to ask Steve Johnson to start this game. Either way, I hope he's on a very short leash and I expect to see Steve Johnson if Saunders struggles at all.

Meh...they're not really that much better against lefties. Higher average, but less power.

I was fine until I saw this. Even the guys on Sirius are seriously questioning this move. I know I'm not the manager and Buck is, but this move should be questioned. Darvish vs. Saunders. I don't like it one bit. And by quick leash, I hope you mean 1 inning, because I'm not sure Joe gets out of the 1st. And I'm not usually a doom and gloom poster.

I'm on board with this.

It's the most pressure-packed single game this franchise has faced in 15 years. I'd rather have a veteran with 78 career wins take the mound than the kid with 4. Kinda sucks that those are the only two realistic options, though. I guess he could start Hunter, but I'd rather see Saunders on the hill.

But Buck obviously can't pull his usual "Stick with Saunders! (way too long)" routine Friday night. I'd best be seeing the Buck gun-finger as soon as that third Texas runner crosses the plate (if it's before, say, the 6th inning). I have a feeling we'll do OK against Darvish, but we can't fall 4-5 runs behind early; then again, the A's did yesterday...

Archived