Is Cal a former Oriole or Yankee?

MachadOboutManny

Listening to him is brutal. Its embarrassing really. The Orioles are being represented like some scrubs who dont really belong here and these Yanks - one after another - are being talked about as if they are in a different league than their competition.

The broadcast is unbearable. Cal slurping the Yanks over every little thing and creating excuses for the things that dont? Anything the Yanks dont hit out of the park is luck.

Never thought I would have to mute Cal - this is a shame.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankees @ bat:

"The current Yankee needs to do this to get a hit. Here's what they did this season. Etc."

Orioles come to bat:

"Here's what CC needs to do to win the game. And here's what each Yankee needs to do in their position."

Honestly, if this is the first time I saw the O's this season (or the 9th), I would barely know who the Yankees are playing.

Agreed. I texted my friend and said "seems like Cal is over compensating to not sound like a homer"

I think Tony's comment about the Brooksie comment in the other thread rings true here. He is clearly trying to compensate for being an Oriole. However, I think he is going to alienate some Oriole fans. I love Cal, but was shocked at the comments about Brooks. Why mention Brooks at all? Why was that necessary. Particularly given his recent health concerns too. Just say Beltre is the best 3B in baseball and move on.

I am kinda befuddled by all this, but oh well.

Yankees @ bat:

"The current Yankee needs to do this to get a hit. Here's what they did this season. Etc."

Orioles come to bat:

"Here's what CC needs to do to win the game. And here's what each Yankee needs to do in their position."

Honestly, if this is the first time I saw the O's this season (or the 9th), I would barely know who the Yankees are playing.

Its brutal. I fully expected there to be some Oriole enthusiasm in the box tonight.

Whats he supposed to do? He can't be biased.

Have any of you listened to an O's/Yanks game involving Ken Singleton? NOW THATS BRUTAL!

I would understand it if he spoke about the teams the same way, but thats not what he is doing at all. It shouldnt eat at me I guess, but it does. This guy was my hero growing up.

Davis makes a really nice play to get Teix at 2nd and its an absolute afterthought. Teix crushed the ball, Teix was unlucky, Teix is the best player in the world, the Yankees are unlucky....Davis has a pretty good arm too.

:cussing:

I have to give the Yankees credit. Well, at least Michael Kay. Both the Yankees and Red Sox TV announcers do give credit to the opposing team when they face the O's and other teams and things like the throw come up. But I guess for national TV, only the Yankees matter for the game.

Archived