Is Cal a former Oriole or Yankee?

MachadOboutManny

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to post something I found interesting. I was just on Facebook and some big Oriole fans, but some very casual Oriole (and baseball fans for that matter) or posting about Cal and his comments. I don't think this is just us observing his current commentary as an FYI.

My problem with the whole broadcast is that we already know all there is to know about the Ynkees. Yet, we haven't seemed to find anything out about this mystery team they're playing. No one besides the fans who follow the team are aware that we are playing without Markakis, Reimold, Roberts, and Betimit. No one knows that we have revamped our whole team throughout the year.

We already know about the Yankees, tell us something about the O's.

People don't seem to understand that Cal isn't there to represent the Orioles' point of view. He is being paid to do objective analysis, and that's what I see him doing, fairly well.

I agree, Cal isn't there to represent the O's. I respectfully disagree that he's been objective. I will say, hes been a little better tonight, but overall hes been unbearable. But in fairness, the entire TBS broadcast has. If it wasnt the Orioles, id have turned it off, and never came back long long ago.

People don't seem to understand that Cal isn't there to represent the Orioles' point of view. He is being paid to do objective analysis, and that's what I see him doing, fairly well.

The fact that he was assigned to the Orioles/Yankees series and not one of the other three is meaningful. The overall TBS coverage of this series is considerably worse than mediocre.

Archived