Is Cal a former Oriole or Yankee?

MachadOboutManny

I have to disagree. Obviously Cal is not vocally indulging in his Orioles rooting interest (and if you don't think Cal's heart is 100% on the O's side then I don't know what to say), but I don't see how his portrayal of the game is at all Yankee-sided.

Imagine if this same matchup was played out 10 years from now and Derek Jeter was a commentator on the O's vs Yanks series. People would be going nuts the first time Jeter revealed even a mild Yankee bias. I don't blame Cal for trying to avoid that and I think all the negative reaction here is because we're so used to picturing Cal as Mr. Oriole that to see him in any sort of neutral context is a bit unexpected.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His loyalty to the O's was clear when the last out was made of the wildcard game. The OP is baseless drama in my opinion.

Well, clearly, others agree. Drama? Im a grown man. This telecast is slanted completely towards the Yankees and Cal is just as guilty as the rest of the crew. The last out of the WC game? That - doesnt have anything to do with anything I have said here.

:)

I have to disagree. Obviously Cal is not indulging in his Orioles rooting interest (and if you don't think Cal's heart is 100% on the O's side then I don't know what to say), but I don't see how his portrayal of the game is at all Yankee-sided.

Imagine if this same matchup was played out 10 years from now and Derek Jeter was a commentator on the O's vs Yanks series. People would be going nuts the first time Jeter revealed even a mild Yankee bias. I don't blame Cal for trying to avoid that and I think all the negative reaction here is because we're so used to picturing Cal as Mr. Oriole that to see him in any sort of neutral context is a bit unexpected.

We're watching an evenly played game. The praise has been anything but even from ole Cal.

I have to disagree. Obviously Cal is not indulging in his Orioles rooting interest (and if you don't think Cal's heart is 100% on the O's side then I don't know what to say), but I don't see how his portrayal of the game is at all Yankee-sided.

But Brooks is Mr Oriole.

Cal "wieters has such great hands. ". " What a great play"

Whats there to say? It was a ridiculous play for a catcher to make. Andino tries to make an error, and Weiters makes an amazing play. Great hands - wow - what praise for the best catcher in the league who just saved the game. He has to say something.

Archived