Camden Yards reached 121 decibels

isestrex

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately the sound for the broadcast is tuned in such a way that you can't get a feel for how loud it was. Seemed fans were into it, but hard to tell if it was extraordinary except for what Sager said.

I give Fox a lot of grief for their production values on sports (mostly football) but that's something they're genuinely good at doing. I remember a Sox/Yankee game from several years ago when I first noticed how well they do it. It was at Yankee Stadium, and it was a big series. The crowd noise was still in the background, but you could hear how explosive they were. Some Yankee hit a homer and it was almost a physical feeling at home. I'm willing to bet it got that way in person as well last night, but the TBS audio was mixed to keep it always in the background.

I had the pleasure of attending both home playoff games, and while Sunday's crowd was very, very good (until the 9th inning when half of the stadium disgracefully left early), last night was AMAZING throughout. When Sheriff hit the go-ahead RBI -- wow. Strike three on AROD? Wow. Just nuts.

Easily up there with 2130--probably surpassing it--among the best Orioles games I've attended.

On another note--my cousin and I have a buddy in the video production dept for the O's, and I just want to give him some serious props--that "Glad you Came" video is fantastic, and it was pretty awesome how he (I'm assuming) made the "Feels like summer in october" video that played toward the end of the game. For those who don't know (probably most of you), the band playing that song is Dillinger Four. Cool to see it in that context.

What a night, what a ride. I can barely speak this morning. We had some yankee fans in our section, but besides a few middle fingers, things stayed relatively civil. I screamed like I do at Ravens games on third down, but I did that most of the night. I can't talk this morning.

Baltimore sports fans have learned how to yell from Ravens games - at least, that was my initial thought. They're bringing that same energy to these playoff games and it's amazing. We should be proud - the noise level is getting some national attention.

They didn't need Ravens games. Memorial Stadium for Colts games used to be the Worlds Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum. It just needed a reason to yell.

I'm sure someone mentioned it, maybe in the game thread, but I liked how loud the O'day chant was. Cool to make some noise for a guy who has really done well for us this year!

There was also a dude standing on the top of his car in the parking lot, and cheering, to a chorus of car horns. We were blasting Oriole magic with the windows rolled down. I was NOT driving :)

This morning is weird. Everything almost seems like a dream.. one of the best I've ever had.

And I'm still reading comments from jackhole Yankee fans saying stupid stuff like "oh, where were these fans a couple years ago." You know, because when the Yankees had their (admittedly short) down period, Yankee Stadium attendance didn't go down. That's a fan base that really needs a 15 year dry spell from winning seasons just to gain some perspective. Red Sox fans have the same problem, but they're more self deluded about that stuff. Yankee fans are just spoiled.

Archived