ALDS Game 3: A New Hope: Orioles & Yankees

Dipper9

Yep. It's three games, though. We sound like Yankees fans with the way we're all over Jones, honestly. It's really, really easy to go 0-9 in baseball, especially in your first trip to the playoffs.

Not trying to make excuses or anything. I fully realize that things get magnified in the postseason. I just think people need to step back and realize what they're magnifying. How many times did all of these guys go 0-8, 1-9, something like that during the season? I'm guessing it was "many, many times."

He was 0-3 against Texas too, remember.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you played baseball? I agree with the first sentiment, but I disagree with your second. The more you don't react, the more you are asking for it. You protect your players. You let the other team know it doesn't sit well with you. Choose how and when. But don't not react.

Yes I've played baseball. But who cares about me. Check out the fact that Buck Showalter has consistently ignored the Yanks and their beanballs and has focused instead of winning games and not giving the Yankees extra base runners.

You may not think I know baseball, but Buck knows more than you and me combined, multiplied by a thousand and HE clearly disagrees with you.

The announcer literally sounds more excitable about a Yankee single than they did about the Machado homer. Pathetic.

I caught some ESPN radio on the way home from work. They were much better. I don't know, maybe there is something to this TBS being YES jr.

Of course. I realize it's only been a few games. Jones is our best player though, and everything is magnified in the postseason. Combine his offensive slump with the bad defensive play tonight that directly led to the only run scoring, and the criticism is more than justified.

Like I said, just realizing that you're magnifying things. I disagree about the level of criticism being justified, but to say he's lived up to expectations would also be selling things short.

To me, Hardy's been way more of a disappointment, though.

Archived