ALDS Game 3: A New Hope: Orioles & Yankees

Dipper9

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just what we needed. Kuroda's pitch count is getting up there, Girardi doesn't want to go the the pen, so we give them a 4 P inning. :rolleyestf:

Bingo. Bad fundamental baseball. Do you think anyone is talking to hitters about this?

Ok, point well taken. It's not Buck's preference. But Kuroda and other Yankee pitchers are throwing inside because they know there is no consequence and our batter are therefore in harm's way, and so I disagree with you and Buck. Fair enough. But if we hit a Yankee batter, the worst that happens is that both sides get warned. And if the Yanks hit one of our guys, maybe they get ejected. My guess is they throw inside with a lot less impunity, and our hitters see better pitches because of it. But I admit this isn't everyone's understanding.

There is a consequence for hitting guys. It's extra base runners. I don't believe that the Yanks are going to change the way they pitch because Buck hits one of their guys.

But if you don't think that giving the Yanks extra baserunners in the playoffs given how tight these two teams have played each other is VERY risky, then I don't know what to tell you.

Archived