I consider Jones to be the goat of this game

Frobby

I realize JJ blew the save and Matusz got the loss, but to me Jones' "too cool for school" pursuit of Jeter's fly ball makes him the goat of the game. The 9th inning HR by ibanez doesn't matter if Jones makes a catch that should have been made.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realize JJ blew the save and Matusz got the loss, but to me Jones' "too cool for school" pursuit of Jeter's fly ball makes him the goat of the game. The 9th inning HR by ibanez doesn't matter if Jones makes a catch that should have been made.

You wont get any argument from me.

100% Agree

It's still JJ. Two outs away. You've gotta get the job done there.

After the defensive gaffe, the O's had several AB's to make up for it, and weren't able to.

When you're at the point of the game where you're 2 outs away from a win, you're margin for error is all but diminished.

Jones totally dogged it on that fly ball, and he deserves a lot of the blame for that play and his continued poor offensive performance. But, once again this team cannot get guys in when runners are on, and it's happened all series long. Not to mention Johnson throwing a pitch that pretty much any major league player could hit out. This was just a terrible loss in every sense of the word.

Archived