I consider Jones to be the goat of this game

Frobby

But he has a tendency to glide after balls and not run flat out...

This is a glaring coaching weakness, IMO. Markakis is notorious (to me at least) for doing the same thing and has for years. Davis has been doing it since he took over. For all of the credit Buck rightfully gets for making this team prepared, this is a real oversight to me.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ has been my favorite Oriole of the year...however, his cockiness/over aggressiveness has made me change my mind this year. IFFFF I was Buck, I would have pulled him over that debacle of blowing the gum play. I understand he's one of the most impact players but he needs to learn a lesson and stop pressing.

AJ has been my favorite Oriole of the year...however, his cockiness/over aggressiveness has made me change my mind this year. IFFFF I was Buck, I would have pulled him over that debacle of blowing the gum play. I understand he's one of the most impact players but he needs to learn a lesson and stop pressing.

If Girardi can do it to a 30mm year player tonight, our CF can bear the same treatment. It drives me nuts with his one handed catches as well.

If Girardi can do it to a 30mm year player tonight, our CF can bear the same treatment. It drives me nuts with his one handed catches as well.

Completely agree. At some point, you need to teach a lesson. I understand, he's a good player and it's the playoffs....however, until we teach him a lesson. He won't learn it. (***Granted I have no clue who'd we put in CF for him :)***

I really don't think Jones was "going for style points." He just made an awful play. Wrong first step, bad read, bad route, total unawareness of the wall. It was an unequivocally bad play, but I didn't see a guy dogging it.

He blew a bubble in the middle of it like it was an easy simple play...I understand that's just WHAT he does...however, he needs to stop.

I really don't think Jones was "going for style points." He just made an awful play. Wrong first step, bad read, bad route, total unawareness of the wall. It was an unequivocally bad play, but I didn't see a guy dogging it.

Agreed. The effort was there...the execution was awful. Been saying that word a lot tonight.

I love how everyone is framing the ball Jones didn't catch as some "routine fly ball" like he dropped a ball he didn't have to move for, and not some ball that was a mile high, not hit that well yet just kept drifting almost out of the damn stadium by the time it came down.

The offense SUCKED, blame them.

I love how everyone is framing the ball Jones didn't catch as some "routine fly ball" like he dropped a ball he didn't have to move for, and not some ball that was a mile high, not hit that well yet just kept drifting almost out of the damn stadium by the time it came down.

The offense SUCKED, blame them.

Jones is a key member of the offense and has sucked for two weeks. He still gets the blame no matter what side of the ball we're talking about.

It's insane to put it on any one player. If Hardy or Wieters or Thome or Davis gave us ANYTHING at the plate, that one run probably wouldn't have mattered.

Remind me if Jones has done ANYTHING at the plate that has made a real difference in 4 playoff games or even longer that that.

I don't think he was "dogging it" either. But he was playing the ball too casually, instead of running at close to full speed and then slowing down as the ball arrived. I do think Jones likes to make plays look smooth and effortless as opposed to making sure he doesn't make a mistake. Today it burned him.

Archived