Sinkerballers should not be closers

Fired-Up

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't power fastball pitchers much more likely to give up home runs than a sinkerball pitcher? The entire premise of this thread is bananas, if anything it seems like JJ sinker is not working as well or he is not throwing it enough

He's been leaving/putting it up. Leave just about any pitch up, and you can give yourself whiplash.

2nd game he's done this. JJ is dead to me. All you have to do is get 3 freaking people out. Hitting the baseball is the hardest thing in sports and yet the Yankees make it look easy against you. Just 3 freaking people. JJ you are the closer. You have all the advantage in the world over the hitters. Just get the freaking 3 men out. It's 3 freaking guys.

The perils of newfound success ... we have to put up with bandwagon nonsense like this.

2nd game he's done this. JJ is dead to me. All you have to do is get 3 freaking people out. Hitting the baseball is the hardest thing in sports and yet the Yankees make it look easy against you. Just 3 freaking people. JJ you are the closer. You have all the advantage in the world over the hitters. Just get the freaking 3 men out. It's 3 freaking guys.

Are you a goldfish? Seems like your memory resets itself pretty quickly. Yours apparently resets about every five days or so. You are entitled to your opinion but you are dead wrong. By the way, perhaps you can enlighten us on the "studies" done that says hoe run hitters do well against power sinkers like JJ's.

By the way, if anyone could get three "freakin'" guys out so easily every closer would be dominant. Look around, they are not! JJ was one of the best, he made a bad pitch on a bad pitch selection.

How's Rodney's looking? See what I mean. Power 4-seamer over a sinkerballer all day long. We are a power closer away from the ALCS. Frikin sinkerballer. Damn.

Are you serious? Without JJ we're not even in this position. Who else on our team was closing that many games?

They just shouldn't. Especially against a home run hitting team. I don't care what JJ did this season.

Sinkerballers should not be closing. Give me a power 4-seamer all day long.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! Clearly the problem with the O's is Adam Jones. I don't care how many HRs you hit or good plays you make in the field, when you misplay a routine popup once, you're clearly awful and have no business on this team. Larry Bigbie would've made that play.....

[/sarcasm]

Curt Schilling just said that postseason is no place for finesse pitchers or sinkerballers. It's about power arms. And to be quite frank it is. See Koufax, Palmer, Gibson, Schilling, Pedro, Beckett (When Good), Lincecum, (When Good), etc, etc.

Curt Schilling just said that postseason is no place for finesse pitchers or sinkerballers. It's about power arms. And to be quite frank it is. See Koufax, Palmer, Gibson, Schilling, Pedro, Beckett (When Good), Lincecum, (When Good), etc, etc.

Oh, Curt Schilling said that? Well then, IT MUST BE GOSPEL!

It actually hurts rolling my eyes so hard.

Archived