Cubbies want Tejada???

Sports Guy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We could trade Tejada for Miguel Cabrera and there is no guarantee he will be successful.

The word evidence and the word guarantee are not equal.. but nice try. There is plenty of evidence that MCab will be successful, although there is no guarantee.. there is NO evidence and NO guarantee that Prior can pitch to any successful MLB level.

The word evidence and the word guarantee are not equal.. but nice try. There is plenty of evidence that MCab will be successful, although there is no guarantee.. there is NO evidence and NO guarantee that Prior can pitch to any successful MLB level.

No evidence? Perhaps should look at his career stats???

When he has actually been healthy, Prior has been as good as anyone. He just hasn't been healthy in a few years.

If he were 100% healthy going into next year, he would be a Cy Young candidate, no doubt about it.

No evidence? Perhaps should look at his career stats???

When he has actually been healthy, Prior has been as good as anyone. He just hasn't been healthy in a few years.

If he were 100% healthy going into next year, he would be a Cy Young candidate, no doubt about it.

That's funny.. you are difinitely digging at the bottom of the barrel to support this argument.... I suppose Bo Jackson can come play for us also, forget the injury, look at his career numbers..

I wasn't suggesting eating salary, I just don't see the Cubs offering more then those two without money or more players. Also as I mentioned I really don't think Prior will stay off the DL long enough to help the O's.

Bedard, Hill, DCab, Loewen and Benson (Penn, Olson, ...hopefully soon, maybe both in the pen first) would be a young rotation that would be fun to watch. OF of Kakes, Patterson, and Murton would be young and pretty solid as well.

If Prior's health can't be counted on (and I don't think it can), then we should just say that the Cubs aren't good trading partners and look elsewhere.

If there was a good chance of Prior being healthy next year, he wouldn't be included with Rich Hill in any trade. A healthy Prior and Hill is a great package for nearly anyone.

That's because a healthy Prior + anybody = a great package. I like Hill alright. If he were on the O's, I'd like to see him in the starting rotation next year. However, I think is value is being seriously overestimated in this thread.

How can you determine Prior isn't "iffy" without a completed successful season behind him?

Medical opinions. If he's structurally sound I think you take the risk because a lot of his problems with the Cubs stemmed from him being one of the most abused pitchers in baseball when he was but a wee child. The O's don't have such a track record, so you'd have to hope more careful handling would fix a lot of that.

Archived