Shohei Otani

paulcoates

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought. Instead of messing with the KBO if I was this kids agent I would set him up with an Independent league club in the U.S. this season. Much higher visibility then the KBO, easy access to scouts.

He is probably going to have limited legitimate suitors due to the money crunch. He waits until the next allotment of money comes in it could really start a bidding war. I think he could double his signing bonus if he waits.

I don't know.

On the good news front the Dodgers have spent around a million of theirs and the Red Sox have spent over 1.3 million.

When does the new year begin? It might make sense for him to wait until it does, so he can get the whole IFA budget from somebody. From what I've read, the budget is set based on the previous year's W-L record. That would give BOS a big advantage.

When does the new year begin? It might make sense for him to wait until it does, so he can get the whole IFA budget from somebody. From what I've read, the budget is set based on the previous year's W-L record. That would give BOS a big advantage.

Early July, so he would lose about a half a year's development if he waits. Of course if he were to sign on with Boras then he could use his facilities.

Wada - Chen - Chen's interpreter - Buck

Then

Buck - Chen's interpreter - Chen - Wada

Seems a bit clunky.

Impossible not to think of this

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xMDn-Btkk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xMDn-Btkk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

That video is impressive..... smooth motion and effortlessly throwing 97-100 mph. The klast pitch was 160 KM/hr which I believe is 100mph. This would be a great signing since our 1st rounder is so low. We need to keep building the pitching prospects. Even if this guy is 2-3 yrs away, it would be nice to have him down there

That video is impressive..... smooth motion and effortlessly throwing 97-100 mph. The klast pitch was 160 KM/hr which I believe is 100mph. This would be a great signing since our 1st rounder is so low. We need to keep building the pitching prospects. Even if this guy is 2-3 yrs away, it would be nice to have him down there

Apparently the TV gun was hot and scouts had him between 92 - 95 that day. I still would be thrilled to read tomorrow that we blew our whole international budget on this guy.

Wada - Chen - Chen's interpreter - Buck

Then

Buck - Chen's interpreter - Chen - Wada

Seems a bit clunky.

If Wada had been around all year, I think they would have sprung for a Japanese interpreter. Or just gotten a Japanese interpreter instead of Chen's guy, since Chen also speaks Japanese.`

If Wada had been around all year, I think they would have sprung for a Japanese interpreter. Or just gotten a Japanese interpreter instead of Chen's guy, since Chen also speaks Japanese.`

I am sure they would have, I was just having fun with the idea of playing "Chinese whispers" in a MLB locker room.

Apparently Nippon Ham intends to draft Otani today, which would give them exclusive rights through the end of March. So even if Otani has no intention of signing with them, this would delay his ability to sign with a MLB team. According to the article, Otani had declared himself eligible for the NPB draft before deciding to sign with an MLB team.

http://www.npbtracker.com/2012/10/report-nippon-ham-intends-to-draft-otani/

Apparently Nippon Ham intends to draft Otani today, which would give them exclusive rights through the end of March. So even if Otani has no intention of signing with them, this would delay his ability to sign with a MLB team. According to the article, Otani had declared himself eligible for the NPB draft before deciding to sign with an MLB team.

http://www.npbtracker.com/2012/10/report-nippon-ham-intends-to-draft-otani/

The agreement evidently reads under contract. I am unsure how Nippon drafting him would constitute him being under contract.

Archived