2012 Baltimore Orioles Appreciation Thread

ChipTait

Man that was tough. Not because we lost, not because we lost to the Yankees, as much as that sucked. But I almost got a little misty just because this ride is over. Man, I am never going to forget this season. I hope we have a lot more of these moving forward, but this one was certainly special. Thanks guys!

I'm with this post. This was such a special year. I rarely hang out with my brother. He got me interested in baseball, the Orioles, and Cal Ripken when I was a little kid. We went to his statue night. We never hug or shake hands, seldom high five. But that night we shared a few punches to the arm when Reynolds and Davis and others went deep. Such a great night. Then earlier this week, my wife and I went to game 2. I've never been to a playoff game.

Such a magical year. Thanks Duke! Thanks Buck! Thanks OH!

Here's to 2013. Look out MLB, we have Machado and Bundy!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's being disappointed in the outcome, how they played, and losing to the Yankees. However, there is no way to ever, and I mean ever, feel disappointed about this team and this season. This season was beyond anything I could have ever hoped or dreamed of. When this season started I said they would win 71-75 games. Never did I think this was possible so soon. I know not everyone here is a Ravens fan, but after the ending last season, I think there was a fog hanging over the fan base here. For some that might still be the case. But, this team brought a spirit, energy, and elation back to the fans and city of Baltimore, and beyond that was the pick me up that was so badly needed. They went toe to toe with the Yankees all season, they ended the consecutive losing season streak, they stared down and defeated the Texas Rangers in a winner take all game, and most importantly, the brought playoff baseball back to the best damn ballpark in the land. That, I believe, is the most beautiful thing about this season, and how fitting, that in the 20th year of the ballpark that forever changed baseball, that ballpark got to host a playoff series again, and it was louder, crazier, and jazzed up than ever.

There have been better teams that have worn the Orioles uniform, and, I believe, will be in the future. However, I don't believe I can ever thoroughly love, admire, and envy an Orioles team as much as this one. They will always hold a special place in my heart, no matter how this season ended, and, I hope, they will for you too. Thank you Buck, Dan, the players, coaches, and everyone that made this season so amazing. And, of course, thank you to everyone here for going on this crazy ride, too. It was never easy, but by God was it fun.

The future, for the first time in a very, very long time, indeed looks bright, and remember, spring training is four months away. I can't wait!

Such a Great year, I have been an O's fan since conception...lol. From Baltimore originally and moved to PA at young age. Now live in Delaware, My boys and I went to hangout out outside the stadium for game 2, until a "scalper" said $25 for 3 tickets during second inning. thlook on the boys face when I said ok, was worth the $25...and my other 3 that didn't go are all O's fans....Dad and his 5 boys, oldest is 18...and they all have always been O's fans.

Sorry for long rant..LOL

Basically I loved this season more than any other, and I do remember 82 and 83 well,

We love this team....

Thank you for proving that even the 14 years of losing was worth it. For the fans who always have loved this team, our love was finally required. I would have suffered for a lifetime to experience a season like this - but I'm glad I didn't have to.

Special thanks to Buck Showalter for building a winning culture from the rubble of a franchise in ruins in 2.3 short years. You always say it's not about you, it's about the players, but you showed the players how to get here. I hope you are here for a long, long time.

Thank you for proving that even the 14 years of losing was worth it. For the fans who always have loved this team, our love was finally required. I would have suffered for a lifetime to experience a season like this - but I'm glad I didn't have to.

Special thanks to Buck Showalter for building a winning culture from the rubble of a franchise in ruins in 2.3 short years. You always say it's not about you, it's about the players, but you showed the players how to get here. I hope you are here for a long, long time.

Seriously.

Archived