Favorite memories from this season

Moose Milligan

We lost the game but actually being able to attend an Orioles playoff game(I was at Game 1 on Sunday). Others though:

Chris Davis striking A-Gon

Wieters hits a two run homer off the Nats and then ends the game on a strike em throw em out(I attended that so while I imagine that's not high on the overall list.)

Being in the playoffs. Ending hurts but getting there means a lot.

Machado's play on the Rays. That was a hell of a play.

I guess there's too many to name right now but this was a great season and as much as I loved the 1997 Orioles who made it further. The 2012 team will be my favorite for a long time because they defined the odds more often than not. And hopefully set the building blocks for a new era of Oriole success.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get some video in this thread!

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=24722245&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

In a season filled with amazing moments and games from the O's, my favorite personal memory was taking my wife and daughters down to Fenway Park September 21st to watch Gonzalez, Wieters and the crew beat the Sox 4-2. My daughters had never been to Fenway before so that was great experience for them. Even better was watching the Orioles easily handle Boston in front of a good number of O's fans. There were certainly times when we sounded much louder and more enthusiastic than the Sox fans. BTW, the Orioles have a record of 8-2 when I see them at Fenway.

Most have probably seen these, but here are the videos I made this year. I'll probably make another in the coming weeks.

Manny Machado Debuts

[video=vimeo;47345254]

Mark Reynolds Quest

[video=vimeo;49247453]

Manny Machado Defense

[video=youtube;TeQAuAtFnoE]

Extra Innings

[video=youtube;n02McFCfEOw]

Tons of great memories... But for me, it was Camden Yards before the start of game 1 of the ALDS. Long rain delay. Everyone stayed... They announce the game time of 8:40 or 8:45... Then, the stadium began to fill. There was a moment -pregame - where the Bird was on the field in his tux... Everyone -- I mean everyone - had broken out in the seven army song (I know that song is controversial)... The energy in Camden was awesome. 15 years of losing and the celebration of the season was breathing air back into Camden. It was Awesome. She was alive again. We were alive again. Great stuff

Tons of great memories... But for me, it was Camden Yards before the start of game 1 of the ALDS. Long rain delay. Everyone stayed... They announce the game time of 8:40 or 8:45... Then, the stadium began to fill. There was a moment -pregame - where the Bird was on the field in his tux... Everyone -- I mean everyone - had broken out in the seven army song (I know that song is controversial)... The energy in Camden was awesome. 15 years of losing and the celebration if the season was breathing air back into Camden. It was Awesome. She was alive again. We were alive again. Great stuff

Watched from my living room....very moving! Love Camden Yards, best ballpark in all of baseball!

- Chris Davis pitching

- wanting to watch baseball again

- Miguel Gonzalez being awesome

- Buck saying that no city loves baseball more than Baltimore -- after being at both playoff games I can agree with that

- Knowing that no matter what, the Yankees still play in a tomb and O's fans are better

- Nick Markakis being shown on the screen on his first day on the DL and people cheering for him

- Brian Roberts' brief return

- The Orioles being relevant for the first time since I was 8

- Glad You Came video

- Darren O'Day being completely dominant in the playoffs

- Not being able to believe that we would be over .500, and even after the 81st win still hoping that we didn't go 0-for

- The Red Sox being in the basement

What did I miss?

Tons of great memories... But for me, it was Camden Yards before the start of game 1 of the ALDS. Long rain delay. Everyone stayed... They announce the game time of 8:40 or 8:45... Then, the stadium began to fill. There was a moment -pregame - where the Bird was on the field in his tux... Everyone -- I mean everyone - had broken out in the seven army song (I know that song is controversial)... The energy in Camden was awesome. 15 years of losing and the celebration if the season was breathing air back into Camden. It was Awesome. She was alive again. We were alive again. Great stuff

Yep, i was right there with ya. It will never be replicated.. Just unbelievable. Reading through all these and replaying everything in my mind makes me joyful that I saw them all but also sad because this I don't think could ever be out done. I watched over 160 games of Orioles baseball for 6 months, I now forget what life was like before those games began lol. I love this team with all my heart.

Taking my 2 year old to his first game, the thursday game against the White Sox (Teagarden went yard!). He loved every minute of it and didn't leave his seat.

Other than that, this season ranks up there as one of the best in my 37 years. '79 82 83 89 96 97 12.

Thank you Orioles!

The moment the final out of the wild card game plopped into Nate McLouth's glove was a highly emotional moment for me. It meant our season had been real, we were going to host playoff games at OPACY, and I was going to fly my son home to be there with me.

Being at both playoff games was great, but the 9th inning of Game 2 was amazing.

Being at the Machado fake throw game with the OH gang.

The final game of the regular season, the team staying on the field to watch the Texas-Angels game with the 41,000 fans who weren't going anywhere.

The Palmer statue game won on Teagarden's walk-off homer.

The Machado two-homer game.

Reynolds' incredible HR streak in early September. Davis's incredible HR streak at the end of the year.

The Chris Davis 3 homer game.

The 17-inning game won by Chris Davis.

The win against the Yankees where we blew the lead, then won after Jones homered. The game two days later where we won on a blown call by the 1B umpire.

So many great moments.

Archived