How much is Nate McClouth going to cost?

ChuckS

Has he convinced the rest of the league that he has returned to pre-2010 form? The five took ability this guy showed at the last few months could create some attention from other teams. I really hope we do what it takes to bring him back because I would like to see him as our leadoff hitter next year.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has he convinced the rest of the league that he has returned to pre-2010 form? The five took ability this guy showed at the end of the year could create some attention from other teams. I really hope we do what it takes to bring him back because I would like to see him as our leadoff hitter next year.

Hi....

baltimore_jersey_markakis.jpg

Has he convinced the rest of the league that he has returned to pre-2010 form? The five took ability this guy showed at the last few months could create some attention from other teams. I really hope we do what it takes to bring him back because I would like to see him as our leadoff hitter next year.

I like Nate...but Nick showed that he could handle leadoff duties this year, he has earned that spot. Was hurting for Nick that he couldn't play during the postseason...here's hoping he gets his opportunity to do so next season!!!

I'd like to see him back. Plays ball with heart.

Yankees will probably offer him $10 million a year to be their 7th outfielder.

I'd rep you if I could! Hysterical!

I'd like to see McLouth back. He plays great defense, has a good eye, and can hit with some pop. Maybe we were the "right team, right time". I think we deserve a few of those.

Nick can be the #2 hitter. It would be nice to have a little speed on the team and the O's and McLouth are a perfect fit for one another. We'll have to see what kind of market there is out there for him.

Yes...love this idea. McLouth and Markakis at 1/2 would be awesome.

We may have a big decision to make if we retain Nate and Nolan is ready. Are we ready to abandon the Reimold years?

Why not keep both. Reimold can't stay healthy, til proven otherwise we need to keep someone for insurance. Endy Chavez will be gone so Reimold and Nate can platoon LF.

Why not keep both. Reimold can't stay healthy, til proven otherwise we need to keep someone for insurance. Endy Chavez will be gone so Reimold and Nate can platoon LF.

I dont think McLouth will accept a platoon role here or anywhere else. Heck he was our best hitter in the playoffs.

I'd offer him something around 3 years for $15 Million. I think he'd accept that type of deal. Reimold starts the year at AAA and proves he is healthy. If he gets real hot I deal him on a high.

I dont think McLouth will accept a platoon role here or anywhere else. Heck he was our best hitter in the playoffs.

I'd offer him something around 3 years for $15 Million. I think he'd accept that type of deal. Reimold starts the year at AAA and proves he is healthy. If he gets real hot I deal him on a high.

Reimold is out of options. If he's healthy when spring training breaks there is no way he clears waivers.

Just a refresher on Nate McLouth's career, lost in all this excitement about a guy who has been on

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/mclouna01.shtml

Great fill in when we needed him, good playoffs, but I would love to know what team is giving him any type of real money to play a full time role in the outfield (while at the top of the order) at this point of his career.

Talk about overrating our own players......

Archived