The McLouth foul Homerun Call

LookitsPuck

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I respectfully disagree. I am not sure what they were looking at or what angles, but nothing that I saw that would lead me to believe it should be overturned.

After they showed us the blimp image (which they may or may not have had access to), that gave me some pause.

Better question-why did they come out so fast or what angles were they looking at?

Come-on dude, the blimp angle was the least-helpful shot for determining if it was foul. The umps came out so fast because either: They didn't review it thoroughly enough, or they don't have enough camera angles to have made that call correctly.

We can agree there. That was awfully quick for a big call in the game.

They probably weren't looking for a change of direction.

At some point you have to realize your eyes are going to see what you are wishing to see. I really don't think the evidence is good enough to overturn.

Blame the HR call all you want; this offense is miserable and the real culprit if we lose. Don't scapegoat a BS home run call and pretend that the Orioles were jobbed out of the playoffs because of it.

Yeah, let's not be pissed about poor umpiring, a chance to tie the game and keep it close. Lets just twiddle our fingers and wrongfully assume that we will hit 5 home runs in a game.

I can't say it definitely hit the pole. The frame by frame replay is disorienting because you lose the shadow of the ball. It may have hit the pole, but I can't say for sure.

This, and at this point I don't care. We have had enough chances to win this series. If we lose, it ain't because of that call.

They probably weren't looking for a change of direction.

At some point you have to realize your eyes are going to see what you are wishing to see. I really don't think the evidence is good enough to overturn.

They looked for like 10 seconds, I guess not:)

Blame the HR call all you want; this offense is miserable and the real culprit if we lose. Don't scapegoat a BS home run call and pretend that the Orioles were jobbed out of the playoffs because of it.

If we lose by one run, you better bet that the O's were jobbed out of a potential series win. It doesn't matter how the rest of the offense is doing.

Yeah, let's not be pissed about poor umpiring, a chance to tie the game and keep it close. Lets just twiddle our fingers and wrongfully assume that we will hit 5 home runs in a game.

It wasn't poor umpiring. Let it go. There is no way that call gets overturned on such flimsy evidence.

Archived