A.L.C.S. (YANKEES vs. TIGERS)

OFFNY

What's the deal with Pineida? Is he supposed to be back next season?

I'm really wondering what they are going to do with ARod. He looks awful at the plate, but he could get himself back into shape...it's really a shame (NOT!) that they have so many years left on that miserable contract. I could see Jeter being their DH next season.

With that broken ankle, he'll probably miss some ST time. Hopefully, that leads to a poor season (fingers crossed).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the deal with Pineida? Is he supposed to be back next season?

I'm really wondering what they are going to do with ARod. He looks awful at the plate, but he could get himself back into shape...it's really a shame (NOT!) that they have so many years left on that miserable contract. I could see Jeter being their DH next season.

Tendinitis in his right shoulder at the culmination of spring training, causing him to miss the start of the 2012 season. During his rehabilitation, he suffered an anterior labral tear in his right shoulder. He underwent surgery. I am not one to believe in those chances. I'd say he has an upside of Troy Patton at this point.

O

TIGERS COMPOSITE STARTING PITCHING

(vs. YANKEES, 10/13 - 10/18)

[A.L.C.S. * Games 1 Through 4]O (Doug Fister, Anibal Sanchez, Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer)

IP:O 27.33

H:o. 14

R:O. 02

BB:. 09

SO:O25

Pitches: 446 (285 Strikes, 161 Balls)

O

Tigers Trounce Yankees, Handing them First Postseason Sweep since 1976

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/tigers_trounce_yankees_handing_them_y8lBOdpN2uoik8momvxGqK

Incorrect, New York Post. The Yankees were swept in the 1980 A.L.C.S by the Royals:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/1980_ALCS.shtml

To clarify, the 1976 sweep was four games in best-of-seven. The ALCS sweep in 1980 was three games in best-of-five. The Post actually does say it's the last time they were swept in four games.

Of course, I'm happy to see the Yankees swept any time. But I much prefer them to miss the postseason altogether.

To clarify, the 1976 sweep was four games in best-of-seven. The ALCS sweep in 1980 was three games in best-of-five. The Post actually does say it's the last time they were swept in four games.

Of course, I'm happy to see the Yankees swept any time. But I much prefer them to miss the postseason altogether.

They changed the original title of the article. It originally said that it was the first postseason sweep of the Yankees since 1976, period.

I cut and pasted the title when I made that post last night. They later edited the title when they realized the mistake that they had made.

They changed the original title of the article. It originally said that it was the first postseason sweep of the Yankees since 1976, period.

I cut and pasted the title when I made that post last night. They later edited the title when they realized the mistake that they had made.

Did they at least have the courtesy to acknowledge you when they corrected their error? :)

Archived