Pablo Sandoval - 3B

Buster Posey - C

Hunter Pence - RF

Brandon Belt - 1B

Gregor Blanco - LF

Brandon Crawford - SS

Matt Cain - RHP (16-5, 2.79 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

Rooting for the Giants all the way. And I'm glad the Cardinals lost. A team not good enough to win their own division and only got in through a watered down playoff system doesn't deserve to be in the World Series.

This kind of argument has never made any sense to me. This isn't the NFL where a 7-9 or 8-8 team can win a division and host a playoff game. Even if you chalk it up to a "watered down playoff system," the Cardinals won the game they had to win in Atlanta, and then beat the team that a lot of people thought was going to represent the NL in the World Series, and if not for their bats going MIA would have been playing in their third series in the last 6 years. System or no system, the Cardinals were in and did their job save for getting one more win.

That GIF CoC posted is awesome.

Glad the Giants won. I have nothing against the Cardinals, but they were probably the worst team to make the playoffs last year and ended up winning the whole thing. That's enough luck for one team for a while for me.

Of course, Detroit was probably the worst team to make the playoffs this year and now they've got a great shot as well.

Glad the Giants won. I have nothing against the Cardinals, but they were probably the worst team to make the playoffs last year and ended up winning the whole thing. That's enough luck for one team for a while for me.

Of course, Detroit was probably the worst team to make the playoffs this year and now they've got a great shot as well.

It's not their fault that the White Sox gift wrapped the division for them by throwing in the towel. You play within the conditions you play in, and good teams take advantage of them. Detroit did, and got hot once in the playoffs, and that's why they are where they are.

It's not their fault that the White Sox gift wrapped the division for them by throwing in the towel. You play within the conditions you play in, and good teams take advantage of them. Detroit did, and got hot once in the playoffs, and that's why they are where they are.

No doubt. They have every right to be where they are. Did I say otherwise?

I'm pulling for the Tigers out of AL loyalty, but don't really care either way.

The Cardinals were worse. They only got in because of the watered down playoff system. As for the Tigers,they had been playing much better baseball in AUgust and September then either the Rangers or Yankees had been,despite the overall records.

Archived