Reds pushing for Bedard hard?

fewfirstchoice

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Votto is way better suited to be a 1st sacker and nowhere in the OF.But he is way better with the glove then he is given credit for.When he came up last year for Cincy he was said to have terrible D,I didnt find that to be the case.I watch him play 4 games in person last year while he was at 1st,he has good, not great,not terrible,but good D.

Just out of curiosity, say this does happen, and we get Votto, what do we do with Rowell and Snyder, both who are looked at as, 1B/DH players, since Rowell has so far failed the test of moving him to 3B??

Don't get me wrong, I like Votto, but i also like Snyder (who tore up in the fall league in Hawaii).

Also, i don't like Janish at all. Stubbs I like, and don't know much about Loo.

I wouldn't count Rowell out as a 3b just yet. He's barely 19 and a hard worker. I think he'll be okay there.

Edit: as long as he doesn't get any taller!

Just out of curiosity, say this does happen, and we get Votto, what do we do with Rowell and Snyder, both who are looked at as, 1B/DH players, since Rowell has so far failed the test of moving him to 3B??

Don't get me wrong, I like Votto, but i also like Snyder (who tore up in the fall league in Hawaii).

Also, i don't like Janish at all. Stubbs I like, and don't know much about Loo.

I think we wait and see what happens with them before we fret about it. I mean both are likely 2-3 sessons or more away from Baltimore. I think we can sort out the problem IF it ever arises.

We just got Scott, and are targeting Pie in a Roberts trade (not saying we will get him). We have needed a first baseman for 10 years now. I'm fine with them targeting Votto.

Seems like we have to target Pie if we don't get Kemp or Jones.

When it's all said and done, we're going to have a lot of 25+ HR .300BA athletic type guys, but no legitimate HR/cleanup guys.

Lineup

Pie (L)

Patterson ? (L)

Markakis (L)

Weiters (S)

Votto (L)

Rowell (L)

Scott (L) /Reimold ®

Snyder ®

SS ?

Look at all the lefties...that can't work

Personally not a big fan of this deal...I like the Seattle deal more because you have an MLB player that has the potential to be an elite player at a premium position. Unless the Mariners are offering very little after Jones, I would have to prefer the Mariners' offer to this one.

Seems like we have to target Pie if we don't get Kemp or Jones.

When it's all said and done, we're going to have a lot of 25+ HR .300BA athletic type guys, but no leftimate HR/cleanup guys.

Lineup

Pie

Patterson ?

Markakis

Weiters

Votto

Rowell

Scott/Reimold

Snyder

SS ?

We sign Tex. next year :D ..

yea, i wish

Most all the Reds and Bengal players live in Kentucky and not Ohio.Fort Mitchell is a great community and its five minutes form the City.

No half the Cincinnati airport isnt in Kentucky,all of it is.The airportis actually all in Kentucky.They just call it the Cincinnati airport because its the city closest to it.

Archived