Reds pushing for Bedard hard?

fewfirstchoice

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? I don't really know anything about them, but BA had them both in the Reds top 10 so I assumed they were at least decent prospects. They have Loo in their "Projected 2010 lineup also. I guess I assumed incorrectly...

RE: Loo:

I believe Loo is going to try and make a come back this season.He and the Reds have had conversations about it I believe.

I tried to post it on the other board but it wouldnt let me.I dont know why it just said I wasnt granted permission to post it there.SOrry it was on the wrong borad.

Sounds like he might unretire. Though he will still be at a low level. Probably Delmarva at the absolute highest. He last played in the GCL and that was in 2006. Extended spring training and then Aberdeen is more likely.

More like this week. Peace and Belkast are checking with their contacts. I was told it was Gallagher, Murton and Patterson but who knows???

If that's the case then we're going after the M's deal so we have Jones as our CF. Unless Patterson plays CF.

Thanks for the info. I guess I won't advocate trading for a retired SS, unless his name is Shawon Dunston...I used to love that guy.:D

If we're going in the retired SS direction, Cal and Bordick would probably make a nice fan-favorite platoon (no, they aren't R/L but who cares). ;)

Not a bad little deal at all.
If EPat can't play at second, then it is a bad deal IMO.

I like Murton but unless you get rid of some of deadweight on the roster, you are looking at some kind of platoon with Scott in LF.

The production will be good but you could just do that with Payton and be fine.

If EPat can't play second, his value isn't there.

So, you end up with Gallagher and 2 role players for BRob...Not a good deal for us IMO.

I assume this means Murton would move to LF, and Lane would DH. It's not a bad idea. Wish we could get Pie, but I'm not sure if that's realistic.

Didn't McP and Treb tell Luke Scott he was the everyday LF this year when they called him to welcome him to the team?

Archived