fewfirstchoice

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LF - Scott

CF - Markakis

RF - Murton

???

That's pretty good ... a big improvement over past years.

Come on man, Markakis will not be our CF next year or 3 years from now. It just won't work for us despite how good defensively he is. Jones will be our CF when it's all said and done.

I think you are selling Murton a little short. He's 25 years old and has an .820 career OPS. Seems like a pretty good bet to be in the .850 range over the next 3-4 years. Also, he's RH and mashes LHP, something we are a bit short on.
He's 26 actually. I'm very much not a fan. Even if you do like Murton, which many around here seem to, he just makes no sense. With Scott and Markakis, where does Murton play? we need a CF, not another corner guy. Pie and Patterson or Pie and Gallagher are the only deals that make any sense.

If EPat can't play at second, then it is a bad deal IMO.

I like Murton but unless you get rid of some of deadweight on the roster, you are looking at some kind of platoon with Scott in LF.

The production will be good but you could just do that with Payton and be fine.

If EPat can't play second, his value isn't there.

So, you end up with Gallagher and 2 role players for BRob...Not a good deal for us IMO.

I completely agree here. I only want EPat if he is a throw in 4th player... I'm not high on him at all... am I missing something... even his MiLB numbers aren't that impressive.

He's 26 actually. I'm very much not a fan. Even if you do like Murton, which many around here seem to, he just makes no sense. With Scott and Markakis, where does Murton play? we need a CF, not another corner guy. Pie and Patterson or Pie and Gallagher are the only deals that make any sense.

Murton could DH a lot if we get Pie and dump some people like Huff, Millar, and Gibbons.

If EPat can't play at second, then it is a bad deal IMO.

I like Murton but unless you get rid of some of deadweight on the roster, you are looking at some kind of platoon with Scott in LF.

The production will be good but you could just do that with Payton and be fine.

If EPat can't play second, his value isn't there.

So, you end up with Gallagher and 2 role players for BRob...Not a good deal for us IMO.

I thought EPat could play second?

Murton could DH a lot if we get Pie and dump some people like Huff, Millar, and Gibbons.

Is it possible to let some of these turkeys fly during ST?

I get the impression from the Tejada trade that PA n Sons aren't interested in eating any contracts but maybe a smaller one could be prime for a buyout.

Isn't half of the Cincy airport in Kentucky?

I got snowed in there, once. Ended up hooking up in the hotel bar with a gal from Arkansas.

Isn't half of the Cincy airport in Kentucky?

Actually the Greater Cincy/Northern Kentucky airport is entirely in Kentucky. The closest 'city' to the airport is Hebron, KY.

Heather answers the question. Lucky Jim tells us how lucky he was.

It'd be hard for the airport to be only half in KY. There's a large river in between the 2 states. It's the border. That's why the border is so zig-zaggy, it's the river zig-zagging like rivers do. Here's something I don't know: Is Ohio named after the river?

It'd be hard for the airport to be only half in KY. There's a large river in between the 2 states. It's the border. That's why the border is so zig-zaggy, it's the river zig-zagging like rivers do. Here's something I don't know: Is Ohio named after the river?

I've never argued that I serve any purpose around here. And I'm not going to start now.

I'll assume the state was named before the river. But I could be wayyy off.

Archived