Do you want to take a shot at Josh Hamilton?

Frobby

Do you want to pursue Josh Hamilton  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to pursue Josh Hamilton

• Yes, he is the big bat we need and is worth the expense and risk
    • No, he will be too expensive and is too risky

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would kick the tires, but this is one that's really difficult to answer because I don't think anyone knows what the market will be like for Hamilton. I'm guessing that ultimately some team will step up and offer him a deal that is for far more than I'd be willing to pay him, but with his demons I really don't know.

I also would want to learn a good deal more about his personality before adding him to the clubhouse. The little snippets I've seen of him in post-game interviews and such were pretty unimpressive to me, but I'm not going to judge a guy just on that. But I do think that impact needs to be taken into consideration.

I said yes. Hamilton brings the tools to the MOO to elavate the offense to another level. He has some red flags that need to be addressed in the contract lingo but he is an elite talent at the plate that should thrive in OPCY. The O's should have plenty of newfound revenue after the playoff run, MASN renogtiation, and MBL new TV contract so I don't think payroll should be a problem.

I'm on the fence. I voted yes because taking a shot at him includes getting a better read on his health. My main concern his his mental health more than anything. His behavior over the second halfof this season concerns me. I don't think he will be too expensive in terms of years.

I honestly don't know much about him in terms of personality.

I like that the Orioles have a lot of hungry players that seem to fit well together. That needs to be taken strongly into consideration in continuing to mold this roster. Character matters.

If proximity to treatment facilities is a consideration, you're looking at the wrong superstar.

Someone with his issues will need a support network. The caffeine problem might have been diagnosed earlier. I wasn't talking about injuries which are another story.

Archived