Ticketmaster Service Fees not refunded.

Pedro Cerrano

It was very clear when the tickets were ordered that the service charge was non-refundable. That was expressly stated before you got to the point where you had to commit to purchase the tickets.

The email I received from Ticketmaster states somerthing else:

Thanks for reaching out to us about your event. We have confirmed that your upcoming event has been canceled:

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Oct 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Oriole Park At Camden Yards

As fans, we feel your pain! At least you don't have to do anything to receive a refund.

We'll automatically refund your entire order, including all fees (except UPS and InStore PickUp, if applicable).

If you need anything else, we're always here for you - just reply to this email or visit Ticketmaster.com.

How did we do? Please take a few minutes to rate us and provide your own comments or ideas. Fan feedback keeps us focused!

Got my refund, minus the $6, credited to my account today. I'm really not that bent out of shape by the $6, it was pretty clearly stated in the disclaimer before I made the purchase. Good for the people who are getting it back, though. I just don't care enough about it to put up a fight, lol.

I didn't see this posted, but I could have missed it. Wow, I was under the impression the feed were ticketmaster related, apparently not. Way to treat the fan-base. They had better put that 500k to use, since it costs them absolutely nothing and is essentially FREE money.

http://deadspin.com/5952871/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

It should be expected. Whether you agree with it or not, it should be expected. That's why there's a service charge in the first place, so they always get a cut, not matter what happens with the event.

Exactly. Its no different than booking a cruise, or airfare, or vacation, etc. There is typically a processing fee that does not get refunded if the trip is canceled.

I would love to have the money back, but it was a chance I took, and to quote my wife, "It is what it is!"

• 7 years later...
On 10/18/2012 at 10:19 PM, mark_beckens said:

If you buy something and it has processing and handling charges, usually if you return it you don't get that money back either.

Almost the had a framed policy which lets you return and refund on purchasing. The refund applies when you cancel your ticket and it falls under certain condition keeping in mind  Ticketmaster Return PolicyYou will receive the refund within 7-10 days of canceling the ticket. The Ticketmaster Return Policy also provides you with rescheduling options. 

Edited by bayslarry