Tracking O's Minor League Offseason Moves - 2013

Oldorioles

With the first few minor league players having declared free agency and our first announced minor league signing of the offseason, I thought it might be time to start the thread similar to last year's (and Crazysilver's in years past) which will cover all the offseason transactions for the Orioles. Let me know if you hear of any more.

Additions:

Signed to 40-man Roster:

- Trayvon Robinson (trade with Seattle)

- Danny Valencia (trade with Boston)

- Yamaico Navarro (trade with Pittsburgh)

- Nate McLouth (re-signed)

- TJ McFarland (Rule 5 from Cleveland)

- Russ Canzler (waivers from New York Yankees)

Signed to Minor League Contract:

- George Barber (Angels)

- Jason Pridie (Phillies)

- Daniel McCutchen (Pirates)

- Luis Pardo (Indpt - Trinidad Triggers)

- Marcel Prado (Indpt - El Paso Diablos)

- Conor Jackson (White Sox)

- Jose Gil (Yankees)

- Adam Russell (Braves)

- Tom Boleska (Indpt - Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks thru rule 5 draft, AAA phase)

- Jim Vahalik (Indpt - Washington Road Warriors)

- Shawn Roof (Tigers)

- Niuman Romero (Tigers)

- Travis Ishikawa (Brewers)

- Daniel Schlereth (Tigers)

- Zach Braddock (Brewers)

- Zech Zinicola (Nationals)

- David Quinowski (Indpt - Lincoln Saltdogs)

- Zach Staniewicz (Indpt - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings)

- Manny Delcarmen (Yankees)

- Rob Delaney (Marlins)

- Mark Hendrickson (no team last year)

- Luis Martinez (waivers from Texas, then passed through waivers)

- Kyle Hudson (Tampa, originally drafted and signed by Baltimore in 2008-4th round)

- Jairs Jurrjens (Braves)

- Kevin Jacob (Cardinals)

- Harry Marino (Diamondbacks)

- Michael Joseph (Marlins - in 2009)

- Tucker Nathans (Indpt - Florence Freedom)

- Jesus Martinez (???)

- Jose Rodriguez (Philadelphia)

International Signings:

- OF - Carlos Rodriguez (Venezuela)

- SS - Pedro Flores (Venezuela)

- LHP - Jan Novak (Czech Republic)

MiLB Free Agents Re-signed:

- Allen San Miguel

- Eric Beaulac

- Zach Booker

- Joel Polanco

- Chris Robinson

- Scott Thomas

- Lew Ford

- Stu Pomeranz

- Travis Adair

- Charles Weems

- Rich Rundles

- Joel Piniero

- Matt Bischoff

Losses:

Major League Free Agents:

- Jim Thome

- Endy Chavez (signed with Kansas City)

- Joe Saunders (signed with Seattle)

- Randy Wolf

- Mark Reynolds (signed by Cleveland)

- Omar Quintanilla (signed by New York Mets)

Traded Away:

- Robert Andino (to Seattle)

- Jhondaniel Medina (to Pittsburgh)

- Mike Flacco (to Boston)

- Ronnie Welty (to Philadelphia)

Minor Leaguers signed by another team:

- Greg Burke (New York Mets)

- Steve Tolleson (Chicago White Sox)

- Jamie Hoffman (New York Mets)

- Brandon Erbe (Philadelphia)

- Kyle Newby (Oakland)

- Joe Mahoney (Miami)

- Oscar Villareal (Boston)

- Zach Phillips (Miami)

- Robbie Widlansky (Los Angelese Angels thru Rule 5 draft)

- Dana Eveland (Korean Baseball League)

- Blake Davis (Milwaukee)

- Justin Dalles (Philadelphia)

- Dontrelle Willis (Chicago Cubs)

- Ronnie Paulino (Seattle)

- Pedro Viola (Oakland)

- Bill Hall (Los Angeles Angels)

- Antoan Richardson (Minnesota)

- Rhyne Hughes (New York Mets)

Cuts:

- Elvis Duran

- Jose Mota

- Jose Rivera

- Ryan O'Shea

- Alex Schmarzo

- Casey Lambert

- Matt Bywater

- David Baker

- Eric Wooten

- Adam Davis

- Dudley Leonora

- Cameron Coffey

- Pat Egan

- Joe Oliveira

- Jesse Fernandez

- Jamie Esquivel

- Will Howard

Retired:

- Scott Beerer

- Jai Miller (playing football next year for University of Alabama)

- Nick Johnson

- Tyler Townsend

Minor League Free Agents:

- Hinton

- Melendez

- Wilkins

- Adams

- Barfield

- Rowell

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone is going to have to convince me that George Barber is a worthwhile signing.

http://www.xtremelinebaseballschoolcamp.com/2012/10/xtremeline-member-signs-with-os/

george-barber-and-fred-ferreira.jpg

Xtremeline Baseball School Camp outfielder, George Barber became the newest member of the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday, October 11th, 2012. Barber, a Miami Central graduate impressed the Orioles during their Instructional Camp in Sarasota, Florida. The swift center fielder caught the eye of the Los Angeles Angels back in 2010 while playing at Broward College and was drafted in the 43rd round. He hit .340 for the Angels during spring training but was released because of a crowded and talent deep outfield that included 2012 Rookie of the Year candidate, Mike Trout. Barber came to Xtremeline Baseball School Camp on the recommendation of Xtremeline Coach Joel Bradley and trained under the watchful eye of Orioles executive and Xtremeline Owner, Fred Ferreira. Barber has already been assigned to the Orioles’ Gulf Coast League team and continues to train at Xtremeline Baseball until the spring. Congratulations George!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived