One change you'd make to...***gasp***... the great Camden Yards.

Todd-O

Camden was absolutely AWESOME this year. Kudos to the O's for all of the improvements. It is truly one of a kind. Beautiful. Beautiful setting... great attention to detail. And Kudos to the players and the fans breathing life back into to her. I'd think everyone would agree that the two playoff games at Camden were a refreshing, invigorating... AWESOME!

At the beginning of the year, I wrote a comparison of Camden to Nationals park. And I really do feel, objectively speaking, that Camden remains a pearl.

There is one thing about Camden, though, that goes against the sense of aged tradition that park captures so well: The rubberized warning tracks.

I was reminded of this during the year as we saw ground rule doubles bounce over the walls. But, this afternoon, as watched the Tigers and Yankees... there was a hit driven on the fly to the warning track. As it hit, dirt kicked up. The outfielder left tracks as he scrambled for the ball. It looked natural. And it reminded me:

Our beauty needs to get rid of that rubberized track and get back to dirt.

Any of you have changes that you think unequivocally need to be made?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay someone to do something about the uninspired modernist monstrosity of a hotel in left field, it doesn't have to go but surely something could be done to make it blend a bit better. A partial brick facade on the upper levels or strategically placed green colored accents perhaps?

More (or any) replays during the game on the video board. About 75% of the between inning entertainment needs to go.

Immediately ejection for fans starting the wave.

More Boh in cans in the upper deck.

More $4 bleacher promotions (especially mid-week day games. Or any Jays/Rays series).

More (or any) replays during the game on the video board. About 75% of the between inning entertainment needs to go.

Immediately ejection for fans starting the wave.

More Boh in cans in the upper deck.

More $4 bleacher promotions (especially mid-week day games. Or any Jays/Rays series).

Love this

So I will leave alone the choices already hit. Free the tower being the most obvious and I would not have thought about replays but I like that a lot. I would have to say that I would remove the Dempsey's sign. It does not add any intrinsic value to the park and if we can find Boog's we can find Dempsey's without the sign on the warehouse.

Always hated the warning track. Make the defense field the ball and throw it back in for Christs sake. Seeing a speedster hit one into the gap and the potential for a triple is exciting. Watching a 2-out gapper with a man on first wondering if he will score is exciting. Watching a ball trampoline 10 rows deep off every ball that hits the warning track ... eh... not so much.

Archived