One change you'd make to...***gasp***... the great Camden Yards.

Todd-O

Move back left field fence about 10-15 feet. I'm tired of long pop outs being HR, esp to L field. The only problem I have w/ Camden Yards is I wish it had been made more of a pitcher's park. Memorial Stadium was a great park for pitchers and when the O's have been great in the past they relied on great pitching and defense. Its hard to outslug the Yankees. This is about as likely to happen as that abomination of a hotel being torn down.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the rubberized surface completely removed. It has no place on a baseball field as far as I am concerned. I also wouldn't mind the left center alley being a bit deeper. I can't really say much about the rest as I've never been to OPACY, but I do agree that the hotel looks out of place on tv.

Raise the height of the outfield fences. I agree that the rubber track leads to too many automatic doubles, but the solution should be to raise the fences to 15-20 feet high. Then the bounces off the track would hit high off the wall and the play of the game would proceed as normal. Raising the fences would also make most of those long line drives to left into doubles and triples, rather than the cheap HRs they are now. Another beef I have wrt low fences is that they allow fans to effect the play of the game when the fielders are reaching to catch long fly balls at the wall. One Jeffrey Maier has been quite enough, thank you.

Move back left field fence about 10-15 feet. I'm tired of long pop outs being HR, esp to L field. The only problem I have w/ Camden Yards is I wish it had been made more of a pitcher's park. Memorial Stadium was a great park for pitchers and when the O's have been great in the past they relied on great pitching and defense. Its hard to outslug the Yankees. This is about as likely to happen as that abomination of a hotel being torn down.

Yeah I am with you here. I think the Left Field power alley needs to be at least 15 feet deeper.

There are still some seats in the LF corner where you have to crane your neck to the right all game to watch the action.

You have to do that in like 64-70. You are literally looking into the outfield, and yes it is annoying.

Would be great if they could tilt the seats towards home plate, but I don't know if it is possible the way the section is laid out. They would have to change the angle of the forms underneath if they did that. Could easily be done though.

Demolition the hotel. View of the Bromo Seltzer was awesome.

Get rid of Dempsey's brew pub sign.

Agree with McNulty, eject anyone who starts a wave.

And...I know this could never happen, but I do think the one part where the Nats park has OPACY beat is the open concourse. I love being able to walk around Nat's park and still look out onto the field.

Permanently display the number 2632 on the Warehouse wall. Add one more statue: HOF Chuck Thompson.

I also suggested the latter. And, I asked about rubberized warning track in the Ask the Orioles thread, but didn't see a reply.

The wave is okay if it is done at the right time. As a parent with young kids, I can tell you the wave is one of the things that kids like the most. Anything we can do to get kids interested in the game is good to me. They will eventually stop being so enthralled.

Agree get rid of the rubberized track.

Fix the seats on the third base side so you don't have to crane your neck.

Let the kids run the bases more often after the game.

Get new vendors. The food generally is disappointing.

I'd like them to remove the padding from the brick wall along the first and third base lines. It need to be either all brick or all padding. The padding on top of brick looks dumb.

I was thinking the same thing in September. I hadn't noticed it before, but it definitely looks odd.

Archived