One change you'd make to...***gasp***... the great Camden Yards.

Todd-O

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Orioles put a Chipotle in I would attend every single home game.

Then they would also be able to sell Chipotle-away.

Seriously though, tex-mex would be great.

My biggest improvement would be to get a Spanish radio announcer and put them in the empty broadcasting booth next to Fred and Joe. The Orioles are missing out on an ever growing segment of the city's population.

Then they would also be able to sell Chipotle-away.

Seriously though, tex-mex would be great.

My biggest improvement would be to get a Spanish radio announcer and put them in the empty broadcasting booth next to Fred and Joe. The Orioles are missing out on an ever growing segment of the city's population.

This made me think a bit. At one point, the Orioles actually had one of the most number of Hispanic players on any one team. It was a while ago when I think they had the likes of Tejada, Mora, Gil, and Rodrigo Lopez. This isn't the case anymore.

This made me think a bit. At one point, the Orioles actually had one of the most number of Hispanic players on any one team. It was a while ago when I think they had the likes of Tejada, Mora, Gil, and Rodrigo Lopez. This isn't the case anymore.

Strop and Betemit are from the Domincan Republic.

Ayala is from Mexico.

Machado, Dino and Gonzo are from the USA, but they have hispanic roots.

I assume Chavez, Paulino, Socolovich, and Quintanilla are also hispanic but they aren't with the team anymore.

Agreed on the Spanish broadcast. Latinos are becoming more and more prevalent in Baltimore. Hearst, unfortunately, only has two stations in the Baltimore market, so I'm not sure how they would get the games out there on the radio. My guess is that the Orioles would sell Spanish flagship rights to one of the other radio conglomerates with Hearst getting some kind of residual.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

So...in order to get kids interested in the game, they should be distracted with the wave? Man...the wave is just all kinds of terrible, especially at a baseball game.

I don't think you understand the value of having your kids enjoy the game. At certain ages, it is impossible for them to enjoy the game just for the sport itself.

That said, I hate the wave. They tried to do it on the welcome home rally. Come on man.

The wave sucks but I loved it until I got older and started appreciating the game more. You have to understand a huge number of people at Camden Yards are there more for the atmosphere, entertainment and the opportunity to socialize than to intently watch baseball. The wave, the in between inning features and concessions are basically directed at these people. Obviously there is a ton of overlap between fans and people who want to be entertained (ie casual fans) but not everybody is satisfied solely by watching baseball.

As the team gets better and more fun to watch, more people will be interested in the game itself and the stadium experience will reflect that. You could already sense it happening a little bit this year.

Also, while we discuss potential improvements of the park, I was VERY happy with all of the changes that Janet Marie Smith and co. introduced this season. The Batter's Eye bar is phenomenal, the many murals, paintings, homages to Orioles teams of the past...terrific.

I also really liked the bar table style seating in the club level that Miller Lite rents out.

Archived