Red Sox have hired John Farrell as manager

Greg

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Mike Aviles going to #BlueJays, source confirms. @bradfo was first to report.

Reliever David Carpenter heading to Boston to complete the trade. Their was a rumor that the Blue Jays were trying to dump Lind's contract on Boston. Most people expect the BJ coaxes to food Farrell to Boston. Sandy Alomar Jr is the front runner for BJ manager.

I really hope Hale returns.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Not that I wouldn't root for Hale to advance his career, but I'd rather have him back. Best 3B coach we've had in years, and Goober would have to change his avatar and find a new gif for when we win. :P

I think that's little Wayne!

Edit: or is the proper spelling Li'l Wayne? I don't listen to the rap music!

When I was a kid, I made my mother laugh once when I showed her a comic strip of Li'l Abner. I pronounced it Lyle Abner. :laughlol:

Two managers in two seasons. This is what bad teams do, people. This is what bad teams do.

It's what the Orioles did when they replaced Phil Regan with Davey Johnson. Valentine was a disaster and deserved to be sacked. That said, Farrell is working with half a team here.

It's what the Orioles did when they replaced Phil Regan with Davey Johnson. Valentine was a disaster and deserved to be sacked. That said, Farrell is working with half a team here.

IIRC, Angelos opened up the purse strings a bit and provided that 1996 team with a little more firepower than what Regan had as well.

Farrell is working with half a team here, this is true. I was just reading on espn.com how Ortiz and Pedroia are all excited.

Well let's see how they're feeling in July when they're still stuck in last place due to their lack of pitching, offense and overall depth. I don't see them being big players on the FA market.

Here's hoping Game 162 2011 was the catalyst for a downfall into a decade or so of bad baseball for the Sox.

IIRC, Angelos opened up the purse strings a bit and provided that 1996 team with a little more firepower than what Regan had as well.

Farrell is working with half a team here, this is true. I was just reading on espn.com how Ortiz and Pedroia are all excited.

Well let's see how they're feeling in July when they're still stuck in last place due to their lack of pitching, offense and overall depth. I don't see them being big players on the FA market.

Here's hoping Game 162 2011 was the catalyst for a downfall into a decade or so of bad baseball for the Sox.

The Curse of the Bambino....The Curse of the Andino......

Archived