Bad-ass baseball players (another baseball card pic thread)

Tony-OH

TigersWillieHorton.jpg

Years ago, Jim Price, backup catcher for the Tigers in the 60's, would do guest color on tv broadcasts when the O's played in Detroit. He talked about being assigned to restrain Willie if any trouble broke out on the field, and how futile it would be if he ever actually had to hold him back; it was pretty funny.

Look no further. Eddie's 1985 topps is the pinnacle of badass. Check out that glare!

85murrayt.jpg

It might be considered a bit homoerotic now, but back in the day this card was the ish. Everyone had it. Bo was definitely a badass.

BoJackson_display_image.jpg?1311980725

Gorman Thomas.

Brewers+1980+Topps+Team+Set+5.jpg

Dave Parker was already mentioned, and this photo isn't a baseball card of his, but it sums him up in my eyes. Looks like he just did a line of coke, eyes all red, trying to calm himself down with a cigarette in the dugout before going out and lashing line drives all over the place:

dave-parker_dugout.jpg

Go, go Joe Charboneau!

If the pic doesn't persuade, this article will.

And you don't get any more bad-ass than Dick Allen.

The pic of Dick Allen is incredible. With that said Joe Charboneau wins this thread hands down.

He also ate cigarettes, another unsafe habit. On one occasion, he decided to rid himself of an unwanted tattoo, not by consulting a tattoo parlor, but by cutting it out himself with a razor blade. And in perhaps his most pain-inducing stunt, Charboneau once tried to repair his own broken nose with a pair of pliers. He apparently eased the pain with a few shots of whiskey, in his best attempt to recreate medical practices of the 1800s.

He cut off a his own tattoo! :eek:

Although this picture is small, I always remember Knicely have several pictures with those cool shades on.

Tony, did you really put a guy named nicely in the bad-ass thread? ;)

This is another pretty obvious bad-ass.

raizbow.jpg

This guy too.

697120.jpg

I can't figure out how to post images here, and I've had trouble before, but here's three Dave Steward cards. The one at the top is the baddest of all.

In the reply box look at the top where the icons are. Third from the right is a little square with a tree in the middle. Click that, select "From URL," uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" then paste in the pictures URL.

Archived