ESPN Trade Proposal: Hardy to Cards for RHP Joe Kelly and RHP Maikel Cleto

Migrant Redbird

The haul for Hardy, wouldn't be enogh to offset the risk and question marks Youkilis would bring to the O's.

I don't think so either but that is the best scenario I've seen when it comes to trading Hardy.

I'm with you though, idea isn't bad, but I don't think we'd get enough for Hardy.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think so either but that is the best scenario I've seen when it comes to trading Hardy.

I'm with you though, idea isn't bad, but I don't think we'd get enough for Hardy.

Yeah, I agree. Youkilis makes some sense, if Hardy is traded. I'm more scared of the new question marks Youkilis brings to the team. Will Machado play the level of defense at SS, that Hardy did. Will Youkilis stay healthy, and play enough to really help us. I just think the best option, is to bring back Reynolds on a 2 year deal, keep Hardy and Machado where there at, and focus on getting a MOB.

Yeah, I agree. Youkilis makes some sense, if Hardy is traded. I'm more scared of the new question marks Youkilis brings to the team. Will Machado play the level of defense at SS, that Hardy did. Will Youkilis stay healthy, and play enough to really help us. I just think the best option, is to bring back Reynolds on a 2 year deal, keep Hardy and Machado where there at, and focus on getting a MOB.

Rather keep Hardy and play Youkilis at 1B.

Honestly as much as folks are against Hamilton...I think with him and Youk the lineup would be drastically improved. And then we can get a better 2B next season after they close the door on the Roberts mess.

I think his act is all about pushing buttons.

Nope.

Scutaro was 37 and arguably one of the biggest reasons the giants won this postseason, the 3 years older Murph pointed out doesn't mean much.

If people are going to get their panties in a bunch all over a small thing then maybe they have bigger internal issues then another fans preference of another teams position player they wouldn't mind having.

Nope.

Scutaro was 37 and arguably one of the biggest reasons the giants won this postseason, the 3 years older Murph pointed out doesn't mean much.

If people are going to get their panties in a bunch all over a small thing then maybe they have bigger internal issues then another fans preference of another teams position player they wouldn't mind having.

So what does this have to do with Skip Schumaker? Still trying to figure out your attraction there...

Just like the guy and what hes done for the Cards, hes been serviceable for awhile for them.

Come to think of it, his OPS over the last 4 years (.706) is a full .001 point higher than Jay Payton's the last 4 years of his career. You think Skip would agree to 2/9.5?

\

With lots of arm strength but not the softest of hands, Schoop is best suited for third-base. He's played both the hot corner and shortstop, although he doesn't have enough range to stick up-the-middle.

Defensively, he surprised some with his ability to play second base effectively. Some felt he didn't have the foot quickness to play second base, but he quickly showed an ability to cover ground to go along with his already soft hands and strong arm.

These two statements contradict each other so I'm curious as to which applies more accurately.

Arm Strength

In addition to his slick glove and footwork, Schoop possesses a strong, accurate arm that easily rates plus on the 20-80 scouting scale. When playing short, Schoop?s arm allows him to make plays from deep in the hole and to also turn late-developing double-plays. At second, he makes tough plays that others at the position can?t, and he?s already able to make spin-throws against his body to throw out baserunners hustling to first. His smooth, short throwing mechanics are ideal for an infielder and his sturdy base affords him accuracy and carry. His arm gives him the flexibility to take his plus glove to third base if the Orioles choose. Regardless of his future defensive home though, Schoop?s arm strength, along with his glovework, should make him an asset.

I think this is the most important insight when it comes to Schoop. If this is right, then it makes it very easy for the team to transition Machado to SS and Hardy to 2B at some point (not this year) where the throw is easier and should alleviate some of the stress in the future for JJ's inflammatory shoulder.

Archived