Just an interesting article(Hamilton)

sevastras

It's a starting point. I could see him ending up with the dollars and four years. Or maybe in the $22-23mil range per year.

If I was a team owner, then I would start a competing rumor at 3 years and 70 million and have some unnamed source leak it out to the press.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would not offer any more than a four year deal under any circumstances and that would contain an option out for drug abuse.

Although this would make many people here a lot more comfortable if we decided to go down that road. In any case, he's not getting what he was asking for in seven years. I don't think anyone goes over five for him.

There was an article in SI a few months ago, I believe this relapse happened in the winter.

It did. Now his migraines and caffeine related vision problems? They cost him several games and his team the West divisional championship. They then lost in a play in game.

There was an article in SI a few months ago, I believe this relapse happened in the winter.

It did. Now his migraines and caffeine related vision problems? They cost him several games and his team the West divisional championship. They then lost in a play in game.

That quote wasn't mine.

Looking on MLBTR today and they are predicting Hamilton to the Brewers for 5 years. We should do it if it only takes 5 imo

No way the Brewers are giving Hamilton a huge deal, after letting a fan favorite like Prince Walk. I'd give Hamilton a 4/110 deal, with a 5th year option, that could make it 5/140.

Looking on MLBTR today and they are predicting Hamilton to the Brewers for 5 years. We should do it if it only takes 5 imo

Another thing I don't get. The Brewers are a smaller market team then the O's. They carried a 98 mil payroll in 2012. They can add 30 mil in payroll, and somehow manage to continue operating. Yet, the O's can't handle a payroll increase to 120-130 mil?

I firmly believe that the Orioles can sustain 100+ million, but the question is: will they?

You can expect a lot more sold out games next year. The season plans will be rolling out the door come Christmas. Masn is healthy...the money is there. But...are the Orioles still gunshy on payroll?

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

I firmly believe that the Orioles can sustain 100+ million, but the question is: will they?

You can expect a lot more sold out games next year. The season plans will be rolling out the door come Christmas. Masn is healthy...the money is there. But...are the Orioles still gunshy on payroll?

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

I believe the O's will have to invest in a big name eventually. They need to build on 2012. If they don't make an effort to build on the recent success, they may find themselves looking at an 75 win year in 2013. The attendence will fall again, and there goes a chance for more revenues at the gates.

If the Orioles were going to increase payroll $25m/year on one player, I'd have much rather it been Prince Fielder. I see no reason why they would do it for such a high risk investment as Josh Hamilton. Especially under the artificial constraints of a shallow free agent market and sudden competitiveness. The Orioles shouldn't feel any pressure to sign a player like Hamilton unless he falls into their price range.

No way the Brewers are giving Hamilton a huge deal, after letting a fan favorite like Prince Walk.

Guess it depends on the definition of "huge deal"

Brewers tried to:

- Resign Sabathia for ~ 6/120$M (??)

- Resign Grienke for ~ 5/112$M (??)

- Resign Prince for ~ 6/120$M (??) [but he got stupid silly money]

Brewers could try a ~5/100$M for a guy like Hamilton, which is a fairly legit offer for a guy with issues at his age. Hey, at least its an offer... Os meanwhile are bolstering up their roster with non-tender candidates :laughlol:

Archived