Report: Morosi says a source links us with Hamilton and Ross

Conway12

Some interesting perspectives.

http://calltothepen.com/2012/11/07/josh-hamilton-on-orioles-wish-list/

http://passion4baseball.blogspot.com/2012/11/where-does-josh-hamilton-fit-best.html

On where he may end up:

Baltimore. If you look at Hamilton's career splits, he has raked at Camden Yards. Other than his home parks in Texas and Cincinnati, he has hit more homers in Baltimore than anywhere else. He also kills the Yankees and hits extremely well in Yankee Stadium. The Orioles would get that match up nine times. The Orioles have made great strides but left field remains one of their weaknesses. Hamilton would be killer in Baltimore and instantly help that team to be a factor for the next few seasons. Hamilton should flourish under Showalter and again, Maryland would not be that far from where he grew up.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Billy Ripken said 3/90. Would you be ok with 4/120?

Sure ...What would they get for the $5 million as middle reliever, bench player or a old used up player like Thome.

I'd try to get a tiered type deal

Signing bonus $5 Million, Yr1 $30 Million, Y2 $30 Million, Y3 $25 Million, Y4 $25 Million, Y5 $20 Million (w/ a player opt out), Y6 $18 Million

I love how they mention how various hitters do well at OPACY. Newsflash guys, a lot of that has to do with the O's pitching sucking for the better part of the last decade.

I mean, seriously. Prior to 2012 it wasn't like Oriole hitters were lighting it up...

I'm also looking for a 7/175 deal from the Orioles. Hamilton and I have the same chance of getting that contract in Baltimore.

That is agent posturing. If Hamilton thinks the Orioles are a good fit, I believe he will take less. I believe Hamilton is one of the guys, where it wont come down to just money.

Never gonna happen.

And anyway, in my mind McLouth > Hamilton. I know that sounds kind of crazy, but Hamilton is suuuuch a headache and look how he performed in the playoffs. O's fans would get sick of his BS before August.

You meant the one game playoff? I'm not excited about a long term deal but how he performed in gam #163 would have no bearing on my decision.

Never gonna happen.

And anyway, in my mind McLouth > Hamilton. I know that sounds kind of crazy, but Hamilton is suuuuch a headache and look how he performed in the playoffs. O's fans would get sick of his BS before August.

Old Danny Boy ! Somehow I seriously doubt this can be remotely true unless he falls off stats wise or gets injured/sidelined by injury or his own demons.

Yeah Johnny..id be ok with that deal. Id take Hamilton for a 145 games a year, over 162 of any combo of McLouth/Reimold/Ford/Avery.

If they pass on Hamilton ...I'm certain the guys that would want us to avoid Josh would be happy when they sign Jason Bay instead :laughlol:

To be fair, in 149 postseason at-bats Hamilton has put up a .720 OPS.

He was also the ALCS mvp in 2010. The BA/OBP/SLG isnt great, but he does have 8 2b, 6 HR, and 22 RBI. Its not lime hes been totally non-exitant i. his playoff career. ARod is known as a playoff bust too.

Archived