#3 Kentucky vs. Maryland (Nov. 9th)

Munson

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGH! Not good execution at the end. But I can't complain about the game. The Terps played hard and they out hustled and out worked Kentucky. They will fix the shooting problems. I like what I saw from MD, other than the end game execution. But all those things they can work on. They are definitely a much improved team. This should be a good season.

Nice game for the Terps. If they didn't have those couple of bad turnovers with about 5 minutes left, they could have pulled that one out.

Wells should have passed that to Laymen after his guy fell down for that last shot, but I can understand a key player wanting to take that shot. Great game though, gotta love this squad!

I feel like a few of the fouls at the end there were kinda ridiculous and then it kinda snowballed for the Terps. But who can honestly be upset about this? They busted their butt and played a very good team very close.

We may make some big waves this year. Let's hope they bring it every game and not just against the big boys.

That was actually Howard and he definitely didn't execute the play Turgeon called. He won't be starting soon. This team is going to cause a LOT of problems for people. We can really rebound and we are athletic. Very exciting.

I think Howard is the last person I would've wanted to take that shot. I would've rather Faust take that shot. I would've even rather had Len take that shot. Oh well.

I haven't been this excited for a Terps team since Grevious' last year.

Couple of things...saw some great things. Len is a lottery pick. I think Allen will be starting for Howard soon. Howard is not progressing with all of his injuries. I would like to see a starting lineup with Allen, Faust, Wells, Layman,and Len when they can get away with being a little smarter...loved Mitchell's energy as well so I would be fine with him. Padgett is a good backup...not a starter.

That was actually Howard and he definitely didn't execute the play Turgeon called. He won't be starting soon. This team is going to cause a LOT of problems for people. We can really rebound and we are athletic. Very exciting.

I agree 100%! Seth allen has already shown me more than Howard ever did! This team is going to be good! If they can tighten up their shot % they are going to be real good! Len is a beast and Wells, while not impressive tonight, will settle down and be his normal stud self! I think was pressing!

Ugh, didn't know that. Thought it was Wells. Allen is so much better than Howard already he's probably going to be coming off the bench anyways. Either way, he should have given that up to Layman who was wide open.

Ugh, didn't know that. Thought it was Wells. Allen is so much better than Howard already he's probably going to be coming off the bench anyways. Either way, he should have given that up to Layman who was wide open.

Aronhalt was wide open as well. Terrible last play by Howard after an otherwise stellar game from Maryland.

Couple of things...saw some great things. Len is a lottery pick. I think Allen will be starting for Howard soon. Howard is not progressing with all of his injuries. I would like to see a starting lineup with Allen, Faust, Wells, Layman,and Len when they can get away with being a little smarter...loved Mitchell's energy as well so I would be fine with him. Padgett is a good backup...not a starter.

I really see Mitchell becoming a very good Power Forward for this team. He showed a nice nose for the ball under the basket.

I'm not into moral victories but clearly Maryland is back. I've felt all offseason they were a top 30ish team that would make the tourny. With Wells back and with freshamn that look like they'll heavily contribute along with a dominant post player in Len I really think they can be a Top 15 team. I've raised the bar higher than even I had originally thought and I had it higher than most to begin with.

Consider that defensively Kentucky is one of the better team we will see all year, at least inside. Also, Faust and Wells combined shot horribly from the field and we clawed back in and were right there at the end. I mean we shot 33% from the field and 15 % from 3 and were right there with a top 5 team. Granted, Kentucky is young and struggled a bit in their first game. I would say they had their B or B- game tonight but I think there is just as much room for improvement in our game as they have in theirs.

Archived