DD focused on a leftfielder and a DH in interview with MLBTR

wildcard

Adding Hamilton and Butler/Willingham would make our lineup pretty darn formidable.

That'd be wild.

But I'd be more than happy with McLouth, Butler, and Saunders being the only additions at the ML level this winter.

I don't what Davis' deal was. He was making Little League mistakes at first. Like not squeezing his glove when the ball went into it. I think he could turn it around though. He's certainly athletic enough, and he's done a decent job of it in the past.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis had 223 MLB and 150 MiLB games at first before this season started.

Reynolds had 78 and 8 respectively.

Davis has played more then enough at first that he shouldn't have been having the issues he was this season.

How many games did Reynolds have at third base before he fell off a cliff? Players have defensive slumps. I'm not convinced that Davis's issues are anything he can't ovecome.

How many games did Reynolds have at third base before he fell off a cliff? Players have defensive slumps. I'm not convinced that Davis's issues are anything he can't ovecome.

I was specifically talking about Reynold's first 20-25 games at first.

Reynolds has only had one MLB season in which he was not below average at third.

I was specifically talking about Reynold's first 20-25 games at first.

Reynolds has only had one MLB season in which he was not below average at third.

I understand. Below average and falling off a cliff are different. I'm guessing Davis can catch balls thrown right at him and can turn in a better performance than he did last year in that respect. Otherwise he seemed perfectly adequate at first base imo.

LF could also still just mean McLouth. Connolly tweeted this around 10pm today.

Dan Connolly@danconnollysun

Orioles still talking with free agent LFer Nate McLouth. Sources say club is optimistic it will re-sign him. Nothing imminent, tho.

I'm with most everyone else in regards to Hamilton; only if the price/years are right. Still can't see the O's spending that kind of money on him. We'll see.

I don't hate the idea of McLouth, though. Especially if we have Reimold and Davis available as well.

LF could also still just mean McLouth. Connolly tweeted this around 10pm today.

I'm with most everyone else in regards to Hamilton; only if the price/years are right. Still can't see the O's spending that kind of money on him. We'll see.

I don't hate the idea of McLouth, though. Especially if we have Reimold and Davis available as well.

I dont think bringing McLouth back would rule out Hamilton. McLouth would be the 4th OFer. And maybe thats all the O's see Nate as. Just opinion of course. But, I really think the O's want a strong bench, and not have to count on Lew Ford types. I also think they will listen to offers for Reimold. TB wanted Reimold a few years back. Maybe theyd have interest in

Reimold as a piece in a Shields package?

I dont think bringing McLouth back would rule out Hamilton. McLouth would be the 4th OFer. And maybe thats all the O's see Nate as. Just opinion of course. But, I really think the O's want a strong bench, and not have to count on Lew Ford types. I also think they will listen to offers for Reimold. TB wanted Reimold a few years back. Maybe theyd have interest in

Reimold as a piece in a Shields package?

Lew just signed a Mil deal with an invite to ST with us. Looks like he's fine with Norfolk and hope for injury--not much of a choice for him.

I may be wrong, but I feel pretty strongly that Nate can get a starting job somewhere. I don't think he signs here if he's only going to be the 4th outfielder.

Man-of-glass Reimold doesn't have much trade value either.

I may be wrong, but I feel pretty strongly that Nate can get a starting job somewhere. I don't think he signs here if he's only going to be the 4th outfielder.

you're not the only one who thinks that. McLouth had a rough few years, but I think he will get an offer to play starting position with some team somewhere. Can't blame him for that..

that's quite possible, as well. Although signing a big FA doesn't mesh with what DD has said in the past.....can't put it past him.

I agree, signing Hamilton would go against what DD has said. A scary thought crossed my mind just now. They resign McLouyh, and then bring in Jason Bay. Jason Bay is just the type of guy DD likes. Other then 2012, Bay has always had a solud OBP. He can DH and play LF. After thinking about Hamilton or Butler in an O's uniform, getting Bay would be a big shot in the gut. However, I feel a Bay is just as likely as Hamilton. Maybe more so.

Lew just signed a Mil deal with an invite to ST with us. Looks like he's fine with Norfolk and hope for injury--not much of a choice for him.

Man-of-glass Reimold doesn't have much trade value either.

Then Nate will want a nice raise. And im not sure he will get a big one from the O's whether they intend to start him or not. I doubt the O's would offer more then 1/3 with an option year.

Archived