DD focused on a leftfielder and a DH in interview with MLBTR

wildcard

I agree, signing Hamilton would go against what DD has said. A scary thought crossed my mind just now. They resign McLouth, and then bring in Jason Bay. Jason Bay is just the type of guy DD likes. Other then 2012, Bay has always had a solud OBP. He can DH and play LF. After thinking about Hamilton or Butler in an O's uniform, getting Bay would be a big shot in the gut. However, I feel a Bay is just as likely as Hamilton. Maybe more so.

No way DD wastes his resources on Bay! Im not concerned about what he said early on as he didnt want to tip his hand. Seems to be interested as there's too much smoke. Im not saying its getting done ...But I believe they are talking.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way DD wastes his resources on Bay! Im not concerned about what he said early on as he didnt want to tip his hand. Seems to be interested as there's too much smoke. Im not saying its getting done ...But I believe they are talking.

What recources? You could probably get Bay on a MiL deal or a very minimal ML deal. Bay falls into McLouth territory.

What recources? You could probably get Bay on a MiL deal or a very minimal ML deal. Bay falls into McLouth territory.

I dont think Peter Angelos is bargain shopping this season. I have no proof ...But based on what were hearing this could be the year he actually spends some dinero.

The Orioles want to retain free-agent Nate McLouth, and I was told earlier today that they've made him an offer. However, McLouth will continue to gauge the market and is in no rush to make a decision.

McLouth hit .265/.342/.435 with 12 doubles, a triple, seven home runs, 18 RBIs and 12 stolen bases in 13 attempts over 55 games with the Orioles. His stock rose a little more when he went 8-for-26 with a homer, five RBIs and three steals in the playoffs.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/11/this-and-that-from-gm-meetings.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dont get me wrong, I hope your right. Hamilton and Butler would make our lineup the best in the AL.

I dont know about the best ...But a lot better ...I still think we have a lot of K's. But I think it would go along way to scoring early and relieve some of the pressure guys like Davis, Wieters & Jones were feeling. I'd like to see us end up with a 2B that can leadoff and drop Nick to #2. They seem intent on Roberts and a mediocre back up plan.

The Orioles want to retain free-agent Nate McLouth, and I was told earlier today that they've made him an offer. However, McLouth will continue to gauge the market and is in no rush to make a decision.

McLouth hit .265/.342/.435 with 12 doubles, a triple, seven home runs, 18 RBIs and 12 stolen bases in 13 attempts over 55 games with the Orioles. His stock rose a little more when he went 8-for-26 with a homer, five RBIs and three steals in the playoffs.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/11/this-and-that-from-gm-meetings.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

McLouth taking his time to sign, could lead to another MiL deal. I can name probably 10 FA OFers that teams will look at before McLouth. TB might have interest to replace Upton on the cheap.

I dont know about the best ...But a lot better ...I still think we have a lot of K's. But I think it would go along way to scoring early and relieve some of the pressure guys like Davis, Wieters & Jones were feeling. I'd like to see us end up with a 2B that can leadoff and drop Nick to #2. They seem intent on Roberts and a mediocre back up plan.

You are smoking crack if you think this happens. You are really not realistic when it comes to payroll! I could see the trade, but not both! Come on Johnny Trea!

You are smoking crack if you think this happens. You are really not realistic when it comes to payroll! I could see the trade, but not both! Come on Johnny Trea!

How is the salaries not realistic? Butler makes 7/8 mil this season. Same as it would take to keep Reynolds. Is keeping Reynolds and signing Hamilton not realistic? Not sayi.g it will happen. But its not like Butler makes 20 mil a year.

How is the salaries not realistic? Butler makes 7/8 mil this season. Same as it would take to keep Reynolds. Is keeping Reynolds and signing Hamilton not realistic? Not sayi.g it will happen. But its not like Butler makes 20 mil a year.

No it isn't! The O's payroll with their current obligations plus projected arbitration is upwards of 90M. That takes into account the switch between Reynolds and Butler. So if you sign Hamilton you are looking at a 110m payroll. That would be extremely surprising!

No it isn't! The O's payroll with their current obligations plus projected arbitration is upwards of 90M. That takes into account the switch between Reynolds and Butler. So if you sign Hamilton you are looking at a 110m payroll. That would be extremely surprising!

To go into 2013 with a payroll of under 100 mil, with the incoming revenues expected would be enough to make me sick. The tv deal and revenues from the playoffs alone, should allow th O's to add 35 mil to the payroll. Will they? Well I dont know that. It might be surprising if they have a 110 payroll, but its only unrealistic if PA decides to pocket more money. Theres no reason this team cant afford a 115-120 mil payroll.

To go into 2013 with a payroll of under 100 mil, with the incoming revenues expected would be enough to make me sick. The tv deal and revenues from the playoffs alone, should allow th O's to add 35 mil to the payroll. Will they? Well I dont know that. It might be surprising if they have a 110 payroll, but its only unrealistic if PA decides to pocket more money. Theres no reason this team cant afford a 115-120 mil payroll.

Not going to happen! People can pine all they want but under current ownership I would be extremely surprised if the payroll ever gets over 100m! And that isn't a bad thing. San Fran has won the WS twice in the last few years and they don't have a 100m+ payrol. It can be done!

Not going to happen! People can pine all they want but under current ownership I would be extremely surprised if the payroll ever gets over 100m! And that isn't a bad thing. San Fran has won the WS twice in the last few years and they don't have a 100m+ payrol. It can be done!

The Giants payroll was almost 118 mil in 2012.

I wouldn't be surprised. PA was willing to go 140 M + on Teix, and Fielder. Would not be surprised if he signed of on something similar for Hamilton

I want no part of Hamilton, any deal you would have to offer for him would lead to paying a 35 year old plus, rapidly declining player a ton of money, thus crippling the franchise. Makes no sense. I would be all about getting Reynolds re-signed, Saunders re-signed, McClouth re-signed and ante up in trade to get Billy Butler. I would send Tillman, Matusz, Strop and Avery for Butler and then sign Koji to replace Strop. Let Davis play LF, and use McClouth as the fourth OFer getting rest for all three and late inning D in Left. Butler is the full time DH and #4 hitter.

Those moves do not break the bank, and we have a great lineup. Billy Butler added to our group would put us over the top IMO.

Archived