DD focused on a leftfielder and a DH in interview with MLBTR

wildcard

I want no part of Hamilton, any deal you would have to offer for him would lead to paying a 35 year old plus, rapidly declining player a ton of money, thus crippling the franchise. Makes no sense. I would be all about getting Reynolds re-signed, Saunders re-signed, McClouth re-signed and ante up in trade to get Billy Butler. I would send Tillman, Matusz, Strop and Avery for Butler and then sign Koji to replace Strop. Let Davis play LF, and use McClouth as the fourth OFer getting rest for all three and late inning D in Left. Butler is the full time DH and #4 hitter.

Those moves do not break the bank, and we have a great lineup. Billy Butler added to our group would put us over the top IMO.

Really? In what world are you living where guy who puts up the numbers that Hamilton did is called "rapidly declining"?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's certainly are not going to outbid teams that are looking for an outfielder if they see him as a DH.

And if the O's want Hamilton to be in the OF, i'm sure McLouth has been made aware of his possible role, if the O's sign both. I certainly wouldn't let resigning Nate McLouth affect my decision to get Hamilton. Unless the O's make a mistake, and hugely overvalue Nate McLouth.

It really surprises me that it sounds like Reynolds isn't back. Davis at 1B scares me a little, but if they can get a DH that is a stud, you won't hear me complaining about adding another bat to our lineup.

The only stud bat that makes Davis at 1b worth it, is Butler. And I dont see that happening with the Rays dangling Hellickson to the Royals. But the Orioles have until Dec to get Reynolds done. However it seems Reynolds is like option D right now.

The only stud bat that makes Davis at 1b worth it, is Butler. And I dont see that happening with the Rays dangling Hellickson to the Royals. But the Orioles have until Dec to get Reynolds done. However it seems Reynolds is like option D right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cost in players to acquire Butler or Willingham brings the O's back to Reynolds as the best option. Though I think acquiring Willingham is much more likely than Butler.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cost in players to acquire Butler or Willingham brings the O's back the Reynolds as the best option. Though I think acquiring Willingham is much more likely than Butler.

I agree ...the problem is that Willingham isn't the hitter Butler is.

Archived