DD focused on a leftfielder and a DH in interview with MLBTR

wildcard

Bundy for Butler? No thank you.

Surely and typical...We treat all of our prospects like this ...I remember a few years ago and our posting fans same stance on the cavalry. How do you feel about that today? Most of them have not made it...Prospect status are gone, value is limited to 1 of package of guys needs to be dealt to return anything of real value. Tillman is the only one with real value and he was pretty bad last year.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely and typical...We treat all of our prospects like this ...I remember a few years ago and our posting fans same stance on the cavalry. How do you feel about that today? Most of them have not made it...Prospect status are gone, value is limited to 1 of package of guys needs to be dealt to return anything of real value. Tillman is the only one with real value and he was pretty bad last year.

Bundy is different then anyone we have had in our "cavalry"

Bundy is different then anyone we have had in our "cavalry"

its just metrics ...They raved about Arrieta is his plus stuff and #1 potential. Matusz I'd have to agree was never projected more than a mid rotation guy. Tillman was highly projected until he struggled with the McPhail regimes philosophy in the minors.

End of the day I hear what your saying....Saying Bundy is a sure thing #1 TOR is just foolish. Again he has potential ...But his arsenal of pitches needs some pretty significant improvement. He's not a guy that doesnt have to invest. And remeber what happened to the Great Adam Loewen ...WHich pretty much everyone here said was untouchable. He was so highly regarded he was given a MLB deal.

its just metrics ...They raved about Arrieta is his plus stuff and #1 potential. Matusz I'd have to agree was never projected more than a mid rotation guy. Tillman was highly projected until he struggled with the McPhail regimes philosophy in the minors.

End of the day I hear what your saying....Saying Bundy is a sure thing #1 TOR is just foolish. Again he has potential ...But his arsenal of pitches needs some pretty significant improvement. He's not a guy that doesnt have to invest. And remeber what happened to the Great Adam Loewen ...WHich pretty much everyone here said was untouchable. He was so highly regarded he was given a MLB deal.

So, because other prospects (who weren't rated as high as Bundy) haven't produced like we wanted, we should trade Bundy? Really?

Arrieta, Matusz, Britton, or anyone has been as big of a prospect as Bundy is in the Orioles since probably 2000.

Bundy for a DH? That's the most absurd comment I've seen on here in a while.

I'll make a pretty heavy bet ...Just for the sake of rubbing it in your face later that Bundy will never be a true TOR starter. For one reason or another it wont work out. He may serve as a #1 Starter (ala Guthrie) ....I'm guessin' you wont have a interest no matter how absurd you think it is.

None of these guys are done yet. I want to see what happens next season with them.

@ Wildcard

No argument here ...they just dont have the trade value that they had 2 or 3 years ago...Which is really my original point.

Who was it in 2000? Since Mussina, Bedard is the only pitcher I can think of, that became a #1 arm in ML.

@ Helmet

Bedard was a 6th round draft pick...So he wasn't highly touted.

@ WarOriole Here is the list of the Orioles 1st Rounders many highly touted since 2001 ...As I said you could look back at the threads here after their 1st year in the minors and they'd be called untouchable as well. Only Markakis has lived up to expectations ...One could argue he's fallen short of his projected power numbers. Wieters is a very good catcher ...But so much more is expected of his bat.

2012 Kevin Gausman RHP Louisiana State University 4 (TBD)

2011Dylan Bundy RHP Owasso (Okla.) HS 4 (TBD)

2010 Manny Machado SS Brito Private, Miami, Fla. 3 (TBD)

2009 Matt Hobgood RHP Norco (Calif.) HS 5 (BUST

2008 Brian Matusz LHP Univ. of San Diego 4 Still TBD but Huge Disappointment so far

2007 Matt Wieters C Georgia Tech 5 Good Defensive Catcher but not the bat he was projected to be still TBD

2006 Billy Rowell 3B Bishop Eustace Prep (Sewell, N.J.) BUST

2005 Brandon Snyder C Westfield HS (VA) 13 BUST

2004 Wade Townsend RHP Rice 8 BUST

2003 Nick Markakis RF (One of the few Wins on this list of cant miss non tradeable 1ST round talent)

2002 Adam Loewen LHP Surrey, BC 4 (BUST (i'll bet I could look in the archives and you called this guy untouchable!)

2001Mike Fontenot 2B Louisiana State U 19 BUST

2001 Chris Smith Cumberland (Tenn.) U 7 (BUST

You could go back even farther and find Ben McDonald , Mark Smith , and Jeffrey Hammonds Who was a huge BUST!

I'll make a pretty heavy bet ...Just for the sake of rubbing it in your face later that Bundy will never be a true TOR starter. For one reason or another it wont work out. He may serve as a #1 Starter (ala Guthrie) ....I'm guessin' you wont have a interest no matter how absurd you think it is.

@ Wildcard

No argument here ...they just dont have the trade value that they had 2 or 3 years ago...Which is really my original point.

@ Helmet

Bedard was a 6th round draft pick...So he wasn't highly touted.

@ WarOriole Here is the list of the Orioles 1st Rounders many highly touted since 2001 ...As I said you could look back at the threads here after their 1st year in the minors and they'd be called untouchable as well. Only Markakis has lived up to expectations ...One could argue he's fallen short of his projected power numbers. Wieters is a very good catcher ...But so much more is expected of his bat.

2012 Kevin Gausman RHP Louisiana State University 4 (TBD)

2011Dylan Bundy RHP Owasso (Okla.) HS 4 (TBD)

2010 Manny Machado SS Brito Private, Miami, Fla. 3 (TBD)

2009 Matt Hobgood RHP Norco (Calif.) HS 5 (BUST

2008 Brian Matusz LHP Univ. of San Diego 4 Still TBD but Huge Disappointment so far

2007 Matt Wieters C Georgia Tech 5 Good Defensive Catcher but not the bat he was projected to be still TBD

2006 Billy Rowell 3B Bishop Eustace Prep (Sewell, N.J.) BUST

2005 Brandon Snyder C Westfield HS (VA) 13 BUST

2004 Wade Townsend RHP Rice 8 BUST

2003 Nick Markakis RF (One of the few Wins on this list of cant miss non tradeable 1ST round talent)

2002 Adam Loewen LHP Surrey, BC 4 (BUST (i'll bet I could look in the archives and you called this guy untouchable!)

2001Mike Fontenot 2B Louisiana State U 19 BUST

2001 Chris Smith Cumberland (Tenn.) U 7 (BUST

You could go back even farther and find Ben McDonald , Mark Smith , and Jeffrey Hammonds Who was a huge BUST!

How many of them were considered the best pitching prospect in baseball?

Only Wieters was as highly touted as Bundy.

Archived