Orioles talking to Uehara about return

Roll Tide

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is the exact opposite of Strop in almost every way.

And really, Uehara is a special player. SO/BB like he has don't grow on trees.

I'm not dumping Strop unless we are trading High on him. His arm is electric and he's young. He could possible become a closer in a few years.

I'm not dumping Strop unless we are trading High on him. His arm is electric and he's young. He could possible become a closer in a few years.

23532382.jpg

Seriously though, why don't we have room for both Strop and Uehara? There is no reason signing Koji would mean we have to trade Strop. It would give us the flexibility to trade Strop, which is a good thing, but wouldn't require us to sell low on him. Frankly, I'd like to sign Koji and hang onto Strop to see if Strop can re-establish his dominance of the first 5 months of the 2012 season.

23532382.jpg

Seriously though, why don't we have room for both Strop and Uehara? There is no reason signing Koji would mean we have to trade Strop. It would give us the flexibility to trade Strop, which is a good thing, but wouldn't require us to sell low on him. Frankly, I'd like to sign Koji and hang onto Strop to see if Strop can re-establish his dominance of the first 5 months of the 2012 season.

Koji has closed for us. With KC losing Soria, would the Royals want JJ in a Butler deal? Hammel and Jim Johnson for Butler. Then trade some young pitching for R.A. Dickey.

One thing to consider: Reliever market this year could be a little crazy (thanks to the 'tarded Dodgers setting the market high). Seems middle relievers could be cashing in this off season.

1) What do you think the best offer Koji will receive this Winter be?

2) How high would you be willing to go with Koji before your "yeah. definitely lets bring him back!" turns into "eh our bullpen is fine lets spend that money elsewhere?"

With the high closer turn-over this season, I think that teams will be looking more closely at high contracts for late-inning guys. I'm hoping that we can get Koji and that he won't cost us too much.

With the high closer turn-over this season, I think that teams will be looking more closely at high contracts for late-inning guys. I'm hoping that we can get Koji and that he won't cost us too much.

I think Koji's heart was in Baltimore even after they traded him. I think 2/8 gets him back.

That's what I was thinking, about 4. I was thinking 1 year but 2 works fine with me.

Could be 1 with an option. I think Koji could get 5 mil per, but I think he'd come back to Baltimore if they offered 2/8. Get Koji back, could he help convince Kuroda to the O's on a 1 year deal?

Could be 1 with an option. I think Koji could get 5 mil per, but I think he'd come back to Baltimore if they offered 2/8. Get Koji back, could he help convince Kuroda to the O's on a 1 year deal?

That would be great, I really like Kuroda. He's said that he'll only sign with the Yankees or go back to Japan. Of course, he said the same thing the year before when the Dodgers didn't resign him.

That would be great, I really like Kuroda. He's said that he'll only sign with the Yankees or go back to Japan. Of course, he said the same thing the year before when the Dodgers didn't resign him.

Yeah, I had heard the Kuroda report. I'd like to have him. I want the O's to focus on pitchers, that could be had for 2 years or less (Saunders, Kuroda, Jackson).

With Chen and Wada here, and maybe Uehara, it might be a real comfortable destination for him.

Archived