Matt Hobgood - is there hope? (No, there is not. Indy League bound.)

McLovin

It's been a long time since I've posted here but here's my 2 cents. This is the very best shape I've seen Matt in. Whatever he was doing in OK with the Bundy's was just what he needed. He's always been big but this time he's looking like a beast!

I'm hearing the same things that are being posted here, that the arm feels great with no pain. Just the normal soreness of working out and throwing again. The family is hoping what everyone is hoping - that the velocity and control will all come back and that all this hard work will pay off the O's and Matt.

We all wish him the best!:2yay-thumb:

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been a long time since I've posted here but here's my 2 cents. This is the very best shape I've seen Matt in. Whatever he was doing in OK with the Bundy's was just what he needed. He's always been big but this time he's looking like a beast!

I'm hearing the same things that are being posted here' date=' that the arm feels great with no pain. Just the normal soreness of working out and throwing again. The family is hoping what everyone is hoping - that the velocity and control will all come back and that all this hard work will pay off the O's and Matt.

We all wish him the best!:2yay-thumb:[/quote']

Fantastic to hear that. Best of fortunes to you all. Thanks for contributing.

I think Matt is a decent guy. I remember the article I read right at his draft date. I seems his father died several years before and his family really could use the bonus money.

His mother actually responded to my comments on some site that had a thread about him going. I root for this guy pretty hard.

Steve Melewski ‏

Director of player development Brian Graham:

O's are planning to move former first-round pick Matt Hobgood to the bullpen this year, and the right-hander will likely start at Single-A Delmarva. A goal of the shift is to help the 22-year-old get his diminished velocity back quicker coming off of shoulder surgery.

I really forget how much he lost prior to the surgery, am I correct in remembering him not being able to get even to 90 when they shut him down?

I do not recall him having velocity as an Oriole. He hit big numbers as a high school senior

Exactly. I saw him in two starts at Bluefield soon after signing and was totally surprised by his lack of velocity.

If it makes you feel any better, so were the Orioles. I remember getting the first reports and was like, "WTF?" and the answer I got back from several people was, "We are like WTf as well." Hopefully the move to the bullpen and some health will spark his velocity once again.

If it makes you feel any better, so were the Orioles. I remember getting the first reports and was like, "WTF?" and the answer I got back from several people was, "We are like WTf as well." Hopefully the move to the bullpen and some health will spark his velocity once again.

I sure hope so. He was very good with fans, kids at the games I saw and seems like a fine young man

For some reason, the Orioles response here literally made me lol. :D

Archived