Would you trade Bundy straight up for Stanton?

ChaosLex

Would you trade Bundy straight up for Stanton?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Bundy straight up for Stanton?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I was told once, prospects should be called suspects. There's never a sure thing. I wasn't impressed with Bundy's stuff when he was called up. 91-92 with poor command doesn't look like #1 stuff to me. I know it was a sss, so maybe he was tired. I was under the impression Bundy threw in the mid-upper 90's.

Why poor command? Because he walked one batter in an inning during his time with the ML club when you saw him? Easy tiger. If he comes out throwing 91-92 next season with poor command after a month you might have something, but his numbers last season indicate the furthest thing from poor command.

Why poor command? Because he walked one batter in an inning during his time with the ML club when you saw him? Easy tiger. If he comes out throwing 91-92 next season with poor command after a month you might have something, but his numbers last season indicate the furthest thing from poor command.

Command may have been a poor choice of words. But I didn't see a sharpness to one type of pitch, and the velocity was far from what I expected.

I expected him to be throwing 96-98 out of the bullpen, so I was a little disappointed when he was sitting 95, but I don't ever remember him being in the low 90's. Now I guess 95 out of the bullpen translates to low 90's as a starter. I didn't see Verlander type stuff, but the dude is 19!

Like I was told once, prospects should be called suspects. There's never a sure thing. I wasn't impressed with Bundy's stuff when he was called up. 91-92 with poor command doesn't look like #1 stuff to me. I know it was a sss, so maybe he was tired. I was under the impression Bundy threw in the mid-upper 90's.

I've seen him pitch several times in Salisbury, trust me, he's going to be very very good. I saw the same things that you saw. He has to be tired. He was at the end of his innings cap and I don't think he has ever pitched that much. The guy road around in buses all summer long between 3 minor league affiliates before he toed the rubber in Baltimore. He was tired.

I've seen him pitch several times in Salisbury, trust me, he's going to be very very good. I saw the same things that you saw. He has to be tired. He was at the end of his innings cap and I don't think he has ever pitched that much. The guy road around in buses all summer long between 3 minor league affiliates before he toed the rubber in Baltimore. He was tired.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping it was due mostly to being tired. Makes me feel better.

Said the same in the other thread. Saw him in May and 96-98 is his usual probably.

I expected him to be throwing 96-98 out of the bullpen, so I was a little disappointed when he was sitting 95, but I don't ever remember him being in the low 90's. Now I guess 95 out of the bullpen translates to low 90's as a starter. I didn't see Verlander type stuff, but the dude is 19!

When I saw him in Salisbury, he mainly sat 95-97 and occasionally touched 98-99. The kid I saw has Verlander stuff. He sets you up with this 98MPH fastball and then drops this 60mph deuceball that is just plain sick. Best I've ever seen in person.

Watch this video. 3 straight heaters and then a curve that looks like an optical illusion.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZBdPn9r1hc?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZBdPn9r1hc?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

When I saw him in Salisbury, he mainly sat 95-97 and occasionally touched 98-99. The kid I saw has Verlander stuff. He sets you up with this 98MPH fastball and then drops this 60mph deuceball that is just plain sick. Best I've ever seen in person.

Watch this video. 3 straight heaters and then a curve that looks like an optical illusion.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZBdPn9r1hc?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZBdPn9r1hc?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I posted this vid from his Frederick debut. You can't judge the velo except for the numbers I was calling out... but he had the SICKEST curve that night! Had a good middle speed pitch too, two-seam/slider, maybe even a change. He has a lot of weapons, just needs reps and experience.

[video=youtube;hnlNZ9uSIAk]

EDIT: And I still crack up every time I hear that guy yell "C'MON BLUE!" :P

I'd do it in a heartbeat and try hard as possible to give him an extension ASAP.

Fun fact that could be relevant if he stays healthy: if Stanton hits 7 homers before July 25th next year, he'll become one of the 10 youngest players to hit 100 (kicking off Frobby). Most likely he'll end up at least 7th on that list (if he gets 7 before 5/11). 9/10 of those guys are either HOFers or likely HOFers.

I think saying someone will most likely hit seven homers in the first five weeks of the season is slightly overstating things, no matter who it is. That said, Stanton is certainly impressive. I would give up Bundy for him, he is one of a handful of players in the game I can say that about.

From what i remember seeing in his 1.2 innings in the big leagues his fastball was around 93-95 (generally sitting at 94 which is what he consistently threw in the futures game), with a mid 80s pitch (i'm gonna say its a change but it could of been a slider) and crazy curve. His change and curve def need work on command, but he should be able to get his fb up to the high 90s. It's tough expecting a 19 year old kid to be as good as verlander, but this kid has ridic work ethic which is part of the reason why he has been ranked so high and it's not too farfetched to think he will be. It's ridiculous to say this kid doesn't have number 1 type stuff because he def does. He flew threw the minors in his first year and again I'm bringing up the fact that he's 19.

Now would I trade him for stanton? I'm a big fan of stanton and his bat would be insane in camden yards, in the middle of our line up and our outfield would be incredible. I can't think of how good we will be with jonesy, kakes, stanton and machado in the same line up for years to come (not to mention wieters and CD). But bundy is a special kid, a different type of animal than we have had in this organization, I wouldn't do it. I would rather trade gausman and delmonico

EDIT: lol i just noticed that stanton's numbers from last year were only from 123 games. Bundy for him straight up seems pretty fair now.

Its a good curve no doubt ... Do you think its better than Gregg Olson's?

Archived