Would you trade Bundy straight up for Stanton?

ChaosLex

Would you trade Bundy straight up for Stanton?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Bundy straight up for Stanton?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Marlins have no intention to trade Giancarlo Stanton.

Stanton expressed his frustration on Twitter following reports of Tuesday's blockbuster trade with the Blue Jays, but Frisaro hears that the remains untouchable, at least for 2013. The 23-year-old will be arbitration-eligible for the first time next offseason, so things could change by then. The Marlins are not in discussions with Stanton's representatives on a long-term contract, but the young slugger could be reluctant to commit after their recent fire sale anyway.

Source: MLBBlogs.com Nov 14 - 12:04 PM

According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Marlins have no intention to trade Giancarlo Stanton.

Stanton expressed his frustration on Twitter following reports of Tuesday's blockbuster trade with the Blue Jays, but Frisaro hears that the remains untouchable, at least for 2013. The 23-year-old will be arbitration-eligible for the first time next offseason, so things could change by then. The Marlins are not in discussions with Stanton's representatives on a long-term contract, but the young slugger could be reluctant to commit after their recent fire sale anyway.

A player would be crazy to commit longterm with that team. Atleast without a no trade clause, so you could atleast have some say in your destination. Though, I have heard the Marlins will not give a deal that includes a NTC. In that instance, I refer to my opeing sentence.

Until Stanton complains so much and asks for a trade to the point where the Marlins have to trade him.

You're ignoring the salary of the players. They're 3 stars getting paid like 3 stars. Stanton gets paid the same amount as Steve Tolleson.

If the Jays were really smart, they could have had these players for free. Most of them were available last offseason as FA. :D

And they were mostly well thought of then.

I thought pitching wins games? Why trade what is considered a top 5 prospect? Maybe I am missing something, but who would be in the rotation if Bundy is traded?

Hammel, Chen, Gonzalez, Tillman, Gausman, Matusz, Johnson? Britton? Arrieta? Greinke?

I thought pitching wins games? Why trade what is considered a top 5 prospect? Maybe I am missing something, but who would be in the rotation if Bundy is traded?

Bundy won't be in the rotation to start this coming year. We have plenty of depth to choose from for the rotation. You want to make sure you don't end up like the Rays where you have tons of pitching and lack the offense.

Bundy won't be in the rotation to start this coming year. We have plenty of depth to choose from for the rotation. You want to make sure you don't end up like the Rays where you have tons of pitching and lack the offense.

The problem is, all we have is depth, and no Ace. We have depth though. I love it when people talk about our pitching Depth. Hilarious.

We dont want to end up like the Rays? Agree to disagree.

The problem is, all we have is depth, and no Ace. We have depth though. I love it when people talk about our pitching Depth. Hilarious.

We dont want to end up like the Rays? Agree to disagree.

You are right, we have no ace. We also have no "MOO." Davis, Markakis, and Jones had an OPS in the .820-.840 range. Stanton had a .969 OPS last year. That would have been .130 higher than our team leader.

You are right, we have no ace. We also have no "MOO." Davis, Markakis, and Jones had an OPS in the .820-.840 range. Stanton had a .969 OPS last year. That would have been .130 higher than our team leader.

Unclear. I voted yes. I would make that trade in a heartbeat. I simply think there are worse things than ending up like the Rays. I also laugh at the notion that we have all this pitching depth. 10 #4s is not real depth.

Unclear. I voted yes. I would make that trade in a heartbeat. I simply think there are worse things than ending up like the Rays. I also laugh at the notion that we have all this pitching depth. 10 #4s is not real depth.

Why you are so fascinated with part of that statement and can't comprehend it is beyond me? In no way am I advocating against being like the Rays, but like I said, you also need offense.

Archived