Go Irish !!!

Il BuonO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh, come on Georgia. I know we have no chance to beat Alabama.

Notre Dame can beat anyone this season.

Oregon's vaunted offense was held to 14 points by Stanford yesterday, and Kansas State was blown off the field by a team that had a losing record entering the game.

Also, I remember when a lot of experts were saying that Oklahoma would expose Notre Dame for the undefeated frauds that they were. Not only did Notre Dame win, but they won going away ..... on Oklahoma's homefield.

I think that the Bulldogs will edge Notre Dame in the title game if it comes to that.

Notre Dame can beat anyone this season.

Oregon's vaunted offense was held to 14 points by Stanford yesterday, and Kansas State was blown off the field by a team that had a losing record entering the game.

Also, I remember when a lot of experts were saying that Oklahoma would expose Notre Dame for the undefeated frauds that they were. Not only did Notre Dame win, but they won going away ..... on Oklahoma's homefield.

I think that the Bulldogs will edge Notre Dame in the title game if it comes to that.

I'm pretty sure he meant that Auburn had no chance against Alabama, which is pretty much accurate.

Their defense is better than what people credit them. There was an SI issue back a month or so that rated five teams that had a shot against Alabama if they had stayed unbeaten. The Irish were one of those teams because of their defense. I thought the Oklahoma game showed that as well, the Sooners have an explosive offense and ND held them in check.

I despise that team. Far too much hype over the last decade.

Notre Dame has been anything but hyped this season. Even though they have been (and still are) undefeated, they literally had to "wait their turn" to be ranked number 1. They didn't get it until every single other undefeated team lost a game.

The last time that Notre Dame was hyped as a team better than what they were was the 2006 season when they were crushed by Michigan and U.S.C., but still got a B.C.S. birth with their 10-2 record, and then were stomped by L.S.U. in the Sugar Bowl.

Notre Dame has been anything but hyped this season. Even though they have been (and still are) undefeated, they literally had to "wait their turn" to be ranked number 1. They didn't get it until every single other undefeated team lost a game.

The last time that Notre Dame was hyped as a team better than what they were was the 2006 season when they were crushed by Michigan and U.S.C., but still got a B.C.S. birth with their 10-2 record, and then were stomped by L.S.U. in the Sugar Bowl.

Hyped in the traditional sense probably isn't what he meant - I know that I think Notre Dame has been over hyped, but I see where you're coming from. It's more over hyped in a similar sense to how Tim Tebow is over hyped. No one is going out there saying that ND is the best team ever, but the media can't stop talking about them, so while over hyped might not be the word, over exposed probably is. Even during the lean years, of the past decade, they always made sure to cover ND whether they deserved it or not.

And USC is still going to be a big test for them. If ND loses to USC, then we are looking at another all-SEC championship... Bama/Georgia winner vs. Florida (assuming they defeat the Noles this weekend, and Oregon and KState go to the back of the line of the one loss teams)

EDIT:: BCS rankings released, Oregon at 5, KState at 6.

Hyped in the traditional sense probably isn't what he meant - I know that I think Notre Dame has been over hyped, but I see where you're coming from. It's more over hyped in a similar sense to how Tim Tebow is over hyped. No one is going out there saying that ND is the best team ever, but the media can't stop talking about them, so while over hyped might not be the word, over exposed probably is. Even during the lean years, of the past decade, they always made sure to cover ND whether they deserved it or not.

And USC is still going to be a big test for them. If ND loses to USC, then we are looking at another all-SEC championship... Bama/Georgia winner vs. Florida (assuming they defeat the Noles this weekend, and Oregon and KState go to the back of the line of the one loss teams)

I didn't hear the media talking much about Notre Dame for much of this season ...... certainly not in terms of being a national championship contender. If anything, Notre Dame was being treated as an overrated team that would get their comeuppance when they played Oklahoma in Norman. And even with that big win on the road against the Sooners, all of the other undefeated teams (except for Ohio State) continued to be ranked well ahead of them in the polls on points. Even after Alabama lost last week, Notre Dame got a grand total of 1 number one vote in both polls combined.

I'm rooting for a K State vs ND game. Honestly, anyone but Alabama. Their fans are worse than Yankee fans and Sox fans combined.

I can say the same thing about Auburn fans. I'm not one of those people. I hate Florida and LSU far more than Auburn. In fact when AU won it all I was happy for them. There is no one on earth worse than a Yankees fan.

Archived