Taking into account yesterday's megadeal, what are your current power rankings for the AL East?

ChaosLex

The Jays just improved big time over last year. Every time I think the Yanks are old and done, they go on to have the best record in the AL. The Rays aren't going anywhere. I think the Sox are the only ones who we can write off for now, and as of RIGHT NOW, the O's won't duplicate last year. So RIGHT NOW, I go....

1. Yanks

2. Jays

3. Rays

4. O's

5. Sox

However, ask me again after we sign Hamilton for left, trade for Pujols for first, and platoon Davis/Reynolds as our DH's. :D

This crap is so much fun!

1. Roberts 2b (back and fully healthy!)

2. Kakes rf

3. Pujols 1b

4. Hamilton lf

5. Jones cf

6. Wieters c

7. Reynolds dh

8. Machado 3b

9. Hardy ss

If we're predicting all this, I will add that Dipper will be given a free three seat 81-game ticket plan and attend every home game with his wife and his new second wife, Alyssa Milano (the state will have legalized polygamy for all men posting under the handle Dipper9 on the website orioleshangout.com).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone tell me what these numbers are.

Anyone who thinks that Yankees are "falling off" or "too old" needs to get their head out of the sand. They still have more premium talent in the infield than most teams have on their entire roster. They averaged 97 wins over the last 16 years.

It is laughable to think this team is going to fall off down to 4th place, unless you bank on three 100 win teams ahead of them in the AL East. They will be right in the mix, like they are every single year because they buy talent and talent is what wins. That "old" roster still won 95 games without blinking last year.

1. Yankees

2. Rays

3. Blue Jays

4. Orioles

5. Red Sox.

I've heard a story about a different team in the AL East that averaged 71 wins over a 14 year period and people finally reached the point where they thought there was no end in sight because the losing culture was just too persistent.

Not saying the Yankees are just going to fall off the table but it's flawed to say that just because they've been so good for an extended period of time means they're going to keep being equally good every year.

It's you, me, and Cindy on the Buck Truck.

For the record, I have been advocating all offseason that our best chance of repeating is to resign our own guys. Reynolds, McLouth, and Saunders. If we do that and sign a couple minor league free agents then I think we can ABSOLUTELY be in first. I've been fighting that fight since the last game. I'm just not sure if we are getting our guys back. I want to see what we do.

Anyone who thinks that Yankees are "falling off" or "too old" needs to get their head out of the sand. They still have more premium talent in the infield than most teams have on their entire roster. They averaged 97 wins over the last 16 years.

It is laughable to think this team is going to fall off down to 4th place, unless you bank on three 100 win teams ahead of them in the AL East. They will be right in the mix, like they are every single year because they buy talent and talent is what wins. That "old" roster still won 95 games without blinking last year.

I've made the mistake of thinking the Yankees were getting old a few times, but right now, I believe it. ARod's no longer a star player. Jeter defied gravity in 2012, but he can't do it forever and now he's coming off a serious injury. Tex has gone downhill since he was signed. It remains to be seen how the Yankees will spend their money this winter, but the question had to do with where they are right now, and I don't think they're that good.

Not saying the Yankees are just going to fall off the table but it's flawed to say that just because they've been so good for an extended period of time means they're going to keep being equally good every year.

But the Yanks don't win because they're the Yanks, or because of the interia of winning 95 games every year. They win because they have more money than God and are more than willing to use that to get every possible advantage. In 2013 they will still have more money than God, and the assumption has to be that they'll use that to their (massive) advantage.

01. Rays - They by far have the best pitching and best pitching depth. If longoria stays healthy the whole year they will be much better.

02. Yankees - You've gotta remember Pineda and Mariano were out the whole year. Pineda should be a big updrage over Freddy Garcia.

03. Orioles - You would think Machado would improve and that Hardy would bounce back. A healthy Reimold could also be a big help.

04. Jays - Lets be honest here even with the trade there still 3rd in Pitching ( behind Rays/Yankees ) and 3rd in Batting (behind Yankees/Orioles ) I don't think this trade improved them that much.

05. Red Sox - Everyone agrees with this one

I've heard a story about a different team in the AL East that averaged 71 wins over a 14 year period and people finally reached the point where they thought there was no end in sight because the losing culture was just too persistent.

Thats a valid point. But, the Yankees 18 year run isn't over yet. And until it's apparent it is, then you can never count them out. The chances of them falling off the cliff anytime soon, is less than the O's repeating 2012 imo.

But the Yanks don't win because they're the Yanks, or because of the interia of winning 95 games every year. They win because they have more money than God and are more than willing to use that to get every possible advantage. In 2013 they will still have more money than God, and the assumption has to be that they'll use that to their (massive) advantage.

I just wanted to add, a lot of people say Cashman wins because of all the $$$. I've said it myself. And of course the money helps But Cashman has a knack for righting the ship. He'll find some team to take a bad contract (or two) and get back some young stud. Cashman gets a bad rap this way IMO.

For what it's worth, America isn't buying into the Jays being a favorite into the East is. In fact, more people are still buying into the Orioles than the Jays.

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=3322363

Well if a bunch of random people voting on the internet say it, must be true.

Vegas had the Jays at 100-1 before the trade.

Want to guess what they are now? About 14-1.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/futures/

The Orioles you ask? 28-1.

So you go with the poll of random idiots across the country, and I will go with the experts who have billions on the line making projections and how strong they see each team currently.

Well if a bunch of random people voting on the internet say it, must be true.

Vegas had the Jays at 100-1 before the trade.

Want to guess what they are now? About 14-1.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/futures/

The Orioles you ask? 28-1.

So you go with the poll of random idiots across the country, and I will go with the experts who have billions on the line making projections and how strong they see each team currently.

What odds did those "experts" give us last year? And by the way, I doubt too many "experts" are putting their money on the line on November 14, with most of the offseason still to come.

1. Yankees

2. Rays

3. Blue Jays

4. Orioles

5. Red Sox.

+1

The Yankees will be fine.

Archived