WOW BlueJays not playing sign Melky Cabrera

Greg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I don't like to be accusatory, but something has to be going on their right? Seriously, you don't just hit on two guys like Bautista and Encarnacion without something fishy going on. Do you?

Plus he wont be subject to U.S. regulations on his web site either.

MelkyRoids.CA

Doesn't this just seem a lot like what the Marlins did last year? Everyone they have brought on, with maybe the exception of an Old Mark Beurhle, is really high risk. Of course it is high reward too but man I can see this thing go south in a hurry with all the fragility on the team. Should be interesting.

Yeah, I don't like to be accusatory, but something has to be going on their right? Seriously, you don't just hit on two guys like Bautista and Encarnacion without something fishy going on. Do you?

Nope. Ruth and Gehrig each got 30 years for their dealing, Maris and Mantle had to flee to Cuba to escape prosecution, Aaron and Mathews went into hiding, disgraced and dishonored... it's a long list of power-hitting teammates and no clean players to be found on it.

Wait, is there really like a 95% majority on here that thinks that Toronto equals steroids? I've never even heard about that, so if the sarcastic ones could own up it would make me a lot less confused (Drungo has already been identified and neutralized).

Also, another admirable signing. No idea what they're getting, but there's a good chance they're getting a steal. I like the willingness to bite the bullet and give Melky the two year deal that most teams were waffling on and probably would have done anyway.

Nope. Ruth and Gehrig each got 30 years for their dealing, Maris and Mantle had to flee to Cuba to escape prosecution, Aaron and Mathews went into hiding, disgraced and dishonored... it's a long list of power-hitting teammates and no clean players to be found on it.

Pretty sure none of the other groups you mentioned had the type of spike in homeruns that Bautista and Encarnacion have enjoyed.

Encarnacion career high before joining the Jays-26, with the Jays-42

Bautista career high before joining the Jays-16, with the Jays-54

It's interesting, both Encarnacion and Bautista suddenly exploded in their age 29 seasons. They were both on the Blue Jays prior to that breakout year as well.

Melky Cabrera is about to enter his age 28 season so we should be ok until 2014 at least.

No, they just control the cable rights to an entire nation.

How much does revenue does the actual baseball team generate? Because surely it would be a little disingenuous to add in outside revenue and compare it right? I guess you are implying it is the billions that the entire company brings in, and they have that available for the team to spend.

All those billions they have to spend, now I know why they can sign these guys and we can't. Right.

How much does revenue does the actual baseball team generate? Because surely it would be a little disingenuous to add in outside revenue and compare it right? I guess you are implying it is the billions that the entire company brings in, and they have that available for the team to spend.

All those billions they have to spend, now I know why they can sign these guys and we can't. Right.

Is it really so hard to believe that the Blue Jays might have more money than we do? Nobody's saying they're going to have a payroll of one billion dollars. But they have a lot of money relative to MLB (and this has been industry consensus for awhile). Now we know they're willing to spend it. Scary.

Archived